Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay CC Balance Transfers?

tag
pi-r-squared
Frequent Contributor

Barclay CC Balance Transfers?

I paid down my Barclay CC so that next month’s “debt snowball” payment will pay it off! So here’s the question! With an available CL of $3800, is there a possibility of calling Barclay to let them know I’d love to balance transfer some debt to them but at a lower APR? My normal APR for Barclay is 21.24%. My other high interest debts have around 15.5% APR. Any chance they come up with a nice offer?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

Re: Barclay CC Balance Transfers?

The answer to the question you asked is no, Barclays is no longer doing APR reductions at this time.

See the link below which leads to a recent discussion about it.

Barclays no longer does APR Reduction

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much debt are you talking about?  What are your current cards? Scores? INQ's?

Message 3 of 5
pi-r-squared
Frequent Contributor

It’s more that I want to be able to use my available $3800 to move high interest debt to Barclays. Just wondering if calling them up and asking for an offer would work?

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@pi-r-squared wrote:
It’s more that I want to be able to use my available $3800 to move high interest debt to Barclays. Just wondering if calling them up and asking for an offer would work?

You will need to get to retention and ask for an offer.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.