Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay Rewards Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Rewards Offer

Hi, I've been in the process of rebuilding my credit for a few years now. 5 years ago I had 2 CC charge-offs, but they were taken care of back then. Almost 2 years ago I finally got a CC and the ones I have are all pretty bad. I currently have BBRZ $600, Credit one $400, Show $400. Obviously I want better cards than this, and I've been getting offers in the mail. Today I got one for a pre-selected Barclay Rewards card, which I am interested in. It has 2 points on gas, groceries, utilities, and no annual fee. I'd rather have something like Discover More, but think I'm a ways from that. I want to wait till after I apply for an auto loan next month and am thinking of applying for this Barclays card. My scores should be over 660 as I pay down my utilization. Question is, what do you think my chances of approval are, and is this card a decent start towards "prime" cards?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay Rewards Offer

From what I've read, Barclay's can be hard to get. I was denied earlier this year and approved for $1300. last week. Card arrived today. My scores are in the mid-upper 600s. They were probably in the low 600s when I was denied. Give it a shot. I feel that getting approved for this is a step towards prime cards next year. 

Message 2 of 8
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Are you planning a big purchase soon?  If not then I would say why not? You may have a chance on recon.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I'm planning on a new car in a few weeks, but would apply after that.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So basically my chances of approval are iffy at best? Also would this card be able to have a decent CL after awhile?

Message 5 of 8
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So basically my chances of approval are iffy at best? Also would this card be able to have a decent CL after awhile?

It might not be instant on-line approval, but they are excellent to re-con with.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 6 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

My score was 670'ish when I got denied for the Travelocity Amex....

Then I called to recon as instructed by the lovely members here and got a $6,500 limit, YEAH...

so even if you are on the lower end of the 600's,  you could prob get a $500-$1,500 limit!

Go for it.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 8
Hammer23
Frequent Contributor

I would go for it. I have the card and use it to pay for all of my gas, groceries, and utilities. I have had it since March of this year and have already redeemed $163.40 while paying $0 in interest. Not bad for simply switching from paying with my Debit card to paying with my Barclaycard. 

WF Home Projects Visa $8500 / Towpath CU Visa $7000 / Chase Freedom Visa $5500 / Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $5000 / Barclaycard Ring MC $5000 / GE Lowes $5000 / Citi Best Buy MC $4250 / Barclaycard Rewards Visa $4000 / BFG CU Visa $3500 / Citi Sears$3000 / WF Visa $2000 / GE Walmart $1900 / GE Care Credit $1900 / GE Amazon $1400 / Cap 1 Kohls $1000 / GE Old Navy $800 / Webbank Fingerhut $700
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.