Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclaycard Financing Visa PC soon to Barclays View Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclaycard Financing Visa PC soon to Barclays View Mastercard

Got my letter in the mail today for this PC.

Message 31 of 46
luckydiva95
New Contributor

I got my letter in the mail today. Does anyone know if the existing credit line and apr are going to be the same?

Capital One QS $8,000| Credit one $3,150| Capital One Secured $500| Barclay View $6,250| Amazon Chase $2,700| Discover It $12,100| AMEX Everyday Preferred $15,000| Wells Fargo Active Cash $7,500| AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,900| Apple Card $4,000| Best Buy Visa $5,000| Citi Custom Cash $6,500| Chase Sapphire Preferred $9,500|Chase Unlimited Freedom $9100
Message 32 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@luckydiva95 wrote:

I got my letter in the mail today. Does anyone know if the existing credit line and apr are going to be the same?

Typically with Barclays PCs (discontinued or otherwise), APR and CL remain the same.  Unless, during the transition, some accounts could qualify for a lower APR.  However, it's too premature to determine if they'll do so with this PC conversion.

Message 33 of 46
Eastern_star
Established Member

I called to ask today. The representative stated that they have not been given information on whether the APR and credit limit will stay the same. She told me that I should be getting a packet this month with all the details. 

Message 34 of 46
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Got my letter just today in the mail as well. Mine was the original Financing Visa I got in 2012 before they came out with the apple rewards card. 

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 35 of 46
rudolphreindeer
Regular Contributor

I got my letter too. Pretty cool change Smiley Happy Hope that the age of the account will stay the same. It says it will be different account #.

Oh I've just built myself a credit profile with 2 MCs -2 Visas -2 Disco -2 Amex. Now my perfect balance is broken! it's going to be 3 MCs -1 Visa -2 Disco -2 Amex! The only solution I see to get 2 more visas, 1 more disco and 1 more amex LOL

FICO® Score 8 (Apr 2021)
EX 764 | EQ 771 | TU 800

TCL: $72,900
INQs in last (6 m./12 m.)
EX (2/2) | EQ (0/2) | TU (0/1)
Message 36 of 46
cr101
Established Contributor

@rudolphreindeer wrote:

I got my letter too. Pretty cool change Smiley Happy Hope that the age of the account will stay the same. It says it will be different account #.

Oh I've just built myself a credit profile with 2 MCs -2 Visas -2 Disco -2 Amex. Now my perfect balance is broken! it's going to be 3 MCs -1 Visa -2 Disco -2 Amex! The only solution I see to get 2 more visas, 1 more disco and 1 more amex LOL

I have a feeling that it won't affect the age of account. I got a replacement card this year and they gave me a new account number, but that was the only thing that changed.

Message 37 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay Apple Rewards Visa becoming Barclay View MC on 05/22

Got a mailer indicating that my Barclay Apple Rewards card is going to change to the Barclay View card.

Message 38 of 46
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

@cr101 wrote:

@rudolphreindeer wrote:

I have a feeling that it won't affect the age of account. I got a replacement card this year and they gave me a new account number, but that was the only thing that changed.

Good news !

The other part is that my Apple Rewards points will transfer over to the new card - I was so close to getting my $25 Apple Gift Card so this PC was nice to still keep the points...

Message 39 of 46
MrBEW
Regular Contributor

My letter also states "periodic offers for up to 18 months special financing at select electronic retailers like Apple and Best Buy". I'm defintely looking forward to that. 

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.