Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays. Cash forward mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays. Cash forward mastercard

OI'm wondering about Barclays cash forward for a balance transfer I'm thinking about. .  What are they like? Do they have rules the the 5/24?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays. Cash forward mastercard

@Anonymous wrote:

OI'm wondering about Barclays cash forward for a balance transfer I'm thinking about. .  What are they like? Do they have rules the the 5/24?

No they dont have a similar rule but they are wary of a lot of recent credit being opened so keep that in min if that is an issue

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

what's considered 'new accounts"? anything under 6months?

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes - maybe even longer with Barclays. I have read they are very easily spooked. A more senior member of the forum could answer you better, though.

Message 4 of 24
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes - maybe even longer with Barclays. I have read they are very easily spooked. A more senior member of the forum could answer you better, though.

Consider your sources. A lot of the "denied for too many new accounts" reports are from people with more cards than 95%+ of the population.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 24
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

A good first step would be to check if you have any prequalified offers, even if it's not for the cash forward. That at least means that they are most likely willing to offer you some card which dispels the fact that they might think you've overextended yourself at the moment.

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish Barclays would get the pre-qualify link back up. and from what I have heard is the cash forward card is the middle-grade card and not really the "prime" card that Barclays offers. I would like to take advantage of the balance transfer offer and the 100 buck sign up bonus.

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish Barclays would get the pre-qualify link back up. and from what I have heard is the cash forward card is the middle-grade card and not really the "prime" card that Barclays offers. I would like to take advantage of the balance transfer offer and the 100 buck sign up bonus.

Be careful using credit cards for purchases while utilizing a BT. Some CCC charge interest on purchases if you're using a BT. Make sure to read the fine print.

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have that particular Barclay's card.  They ended up having a BT promo as well that I used to pay off a portion of another card quicker.  They do not have one of those 5/24 rules.  If I had to do it over again I don't think I would have applied for my Barclays card.  In my case, I received a low SL and my APR is the highest of all of my cards.  Now, that being said I haven't paid them a drop of interest but that coupled with a few other things does not make me fond of the card. I've heard from others on this forum that they are alot more sensitive to things than other issuers.

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I might wait for a few more months and let some of my "new accounts" age and let some hit a year old before trying...I just don't trust Barclays and don't want to waste a hard inquiry for nothing or a small CL. with my Fico I might get approved but the new accounts might screw me when it comes to a starting credit line. I appreciate all your information.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.