Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Product Change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Product Change

Hi all!

Does anyone know if Barclays does product changes? To be specific, the Uber card to the Jetblue card?

TIA!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclays Product Change

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all!

Does anyone know if Barclays does product changes? To be specific, the Uber card to the Jetblue card?

TIA!

I doubt it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Barclays is highly YMMV on PCs. A year ago I wasn't even able to PC my Aviator Red to an Aviator White.

Going from one cobrand family to another is very unlikely. I don't think I've heard of them allowing that since around 2015.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if Barclays does product changes? To be specific, the Uber card to the Jetblue card?TIA!

IME, I wasn't able to PC.  However, I was able to apply for a new card (at that time, the Uber card) and then I was able to close my old cards and reallocate the CLs to the new card.    That might be an avenue worth considering in your situation.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 8
sammydavidjr
Regular Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if Barclays does product changes? To be specific, the Uber card to the Jetblue card?TIA!

IME, I wasn't able to PC.  However, I was able to apply for a new card (at that time, the Uber card) and then I was able to close my old cards and reallocate the CLs to the new card.    That might be an avenue worth considering in your situation.  

I recently (June) did something similar. Closed a Miles&More card and transferred the whole credit line to my Uber one. The process was very simple, although the customer service rep couldn't do it himself. He had to transfer me to the credit department and they took care of it without (seemingly) any concerns.

Message 5 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I don't have any Barclay products.

IIRC .. never have read of a "product change"

But have read of CL reallocation's.

Message 6 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, that's exactly the way you "PC" a Barclays card - you app & get approved for a new card and then call and get the CL from the card you no longer want moved to the new card & close the old card. Call the # in the Backdoor Numbers for Credit Analyst, they can handle the whole process.

I got a NFL card in 2015, lousy card but had a 15 month 0% BT I used to payoff a Prosper loan and save a bunch of interest. Once paid off I app'd for a Cash Forward and moved the NFL CL to it. Cashforward proved to be another lousy card, 1.5% cashback on everything but a $50 min. redemption. So when Uber first came out I app'd for it and called Credit Analyst and they can even split CLs, I had part moved to Uber and part to my 2012 original Rewards MC. Now Uber is useless but nothing else I want from Barclays but with a $6k CL I've been tossing it my monthly $9.99 Experian service and occasional Google Play rental and so far (since Jan.) that's kept Barclays happy.

Message 7 of 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

I don't have any Barclay products.

IIRC .. never have read of a "product change"

But have read of CL reallocation's.

PCs occasionally happen. Barclays often treats two customers with the same card differently. Many cards don't have same-family alternatives. Also, those alternatives are often so mediocre they're not worth bothering to keep, so people just close the account when the AF no longer makes sense and can't be waived.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.