cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Uber card to be discontinued...

tag
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Barclays Uber card to be discontinued...

Credit to Doctorofcredit... link below.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/barclays-uber-card-to-be-discontinued-replaced-with-barclays-view-car... 

"Barclays has sent out a letter to Uber cardholders stating that the card will be discontinued on October 22, 2021. Cardholders will be product changed to the Barclays View card that offers the following earning rate:

• 3x points per $1 spent on Dining
  • 2x points per $1 spent on streaming, internet, phone & TV
  • 2x points per $1 spent on grocery
  • 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases

Uber cardholders will lose cell phone insurance and no foreign transaction fees as well. Barclays has been consolidating other cobranded cards into the View card as well (Barclays with Apple Rewards & Barclays Financing). It’s unclear if Uber will partner with another card issuer or exit the co-branded marketplace."

Message 1 of 80
79 REPLIES 79
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Re: Barclays Uber card to be discontinued...

And a link to Barclays View Mastercard info with some FAQ's that may help some of us out.

https://cards.barclaycardus.com/banking/cards/barclaysview/ 

I was wondering about PCing to some other Barclays card after this transition occurs (if they allowed it), but everything in Barclays possession is very "meh"...  guess I'll hold onto my neutered Uber -> View card to see if any benefits are bestowed later.  I have been getting a lot of BT offers from Barclays that are decent (0% apr with a 2% fee) in case I ever need those someday.

Message 2 of 80
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

Woooow!  I have not received my message yet. It's no surprise they're shutting it down though. I'm sure after they nerfed the thing down to Uber Pts they probably lost 80% of the usage they would have had otherwise.

I'm already planning to grab the Elan Max Cash to replace my Phone Protection.....glad I am in a good position for this. But I'm not going to have any use for the View card. I'll have to decide later if I'm going to close it down or sock-drawer it for the CL.

Thanks for the post @Duke_Nukem 

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 3 of 80
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I never got this letter in March (or April - July for that matter).....thanks Barclays.

For full details, including the date your account is changing, refer to the "Important Information - Your Account is Changing" letter that was mailed to you in March.

Although this card really lost the bulk of its usefulness, I guess the one positive out of this is that all my Uber Points I've accumulated by paying my phone bill for cell protection will be converted back to actual cashback.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 4 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

And a link to Barclays View Mastercard info with some FAQ's that may help some of us out.

https://cards.barclaycardus.com/banking/cards/barclaysview/ 

I was wondering about PCing to some other Barclays card after this transition occurs (if they allowed it), but everything in Barclays possession is very "meh"...  guess I'll hold onto my neutered Uber -> View card to see if any benefits are bestowed later.  I have been getting a lot of BT offers from Barclays that are decent (0% apr with a 2% fee) in case I ever need those someday.

Based on DPs I have sen Barclays does not allow PCs. I havent tried yet, mainly because there isn't that great of a product ofered by Barclays, imo.

Message 5 of 80
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

The card was not very profitable, after switching the reward system to Uber cash only in the app (have to use it for commute or Uber eat). I think, it happened before starting the pandemic.

If you want 5% cashback on Uber, US Bank Cash+ is one of the best cards (also, BOA Cash Rewards if being platinum honor).

Before pandemic, I was using Uber in a daily basis for commute. After drastical changes in Uber policies including price increases (~30-50%),  mandatory CA driver benefit fees, finally I decided to buy my own car.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 6 of 80
PNW_Hunter
Regular Contributor

I wonder if we will be able to product change to the AARP Travel Rewards card after October.

If not, I'll close mine.

Message 7 of 80
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

This card was so hot and now so depressing cold .....

I didn't mind the change from cash back to Uber credits as I use Uber eats and meal delivery in general regularly but now I guess this card will be put in the card holder and used just to keep its heart pumping 😪

Message 8 of 80
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

First of all, I haven't received a notice yet.

Secondly, I am disappointed because I actually started using it for UberEats. I was about to make it into my main dining card, then decided to just close it? Oh well, from semi-useless to completely useless.

Message 9 of 80
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

@staticvoidmain wrote:

First of all, I haven't received a notice yet.

Secondly, I am disappointed because I actually started using it for UberEats. I was about to make it into my main dining card, then decided to just close it? Oh well, from semi-useless to completely useless.

Same I got no notice either 

Message 10 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.