cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Uber card to be discontinued...

tag
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Barclays Uber card to be discontinued...

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Anyone still waiting to receive their replacement card? I converted after my statement generated on October 10th, but still haven't received my card. Not a big deal, as I rarely use the card, but I did have it set as my default payment in UberEats so it got some eating-while-traveling charges on it before conversion. 

@DeeBee78 My wife's statement closed around the same time.  The change has been made online as I can see when I log in but the new cards haven't arrived as of today.  Nothing with Barclays is fast so I suspect the card will arrive sometime early next week. 

Message 71 of 80
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Anyone still waiting to receive their replacement card? I converted after my statement generated on October 10th, but still haven't received my card. Not a big deal, as I rarely use the card, but I did have it set as my default payment in UberEats so it got some eating-while-traveling charges on it before conversion. 

@DeeBee78 My wife's statement closed around the same time.  The change has been made online as I can see when I log in but the new cards haven't arrived as of today.  Nothing with Barclays is fast so I suspect the card will arrive sometime early next week. 

My card arrived yesterday (10/25/2021) after a 10/08 conversion date.

FYI it came in a plain white envelope with a Philadelphia return address...

Message 72 of 80
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

Laugh with me.

Barclay notifed me a while back that changes were coming and the date would be Oct23 ...which predictably is the statement cut-off date.

Zero communication from Barclaycard since then. 

Let me say that twice.    

Today Bank of America, which has my Barclaycard card in their Bill Pay tool  

*Bank of America* notifies me that my Barclaycard number has changed.

LOL LOL LOL  .....I have to hear that from BofA and not Barclaycard.     UNBELIEVABLE!!

Barclaycard is a joke.

temp.BoA.BarclayCardNumber.PNG

||
Message 73 of 80
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MachoHombre wrote:

Laugh with me.

Barclay notifed me a while back that changes were coming and the date would be Oct23 ...which predictably is the statement cut-off date.

Let me say that twice.    

Today Bank of America, which has my Barclaycard card in their Bill Pay tool  

Bank of America notifies me that my Barclaycard number has changed.

LOL LOL LOL  .....I have to hear that from BofA and not the Barclaycard.     UNBELIEVABLE!!

These guys are a joke.

temp.BoA.BarclayCardNumber.PNG

After reading some of the recent posts I decided to check as I hadn't received my card.   I called and they said it had been sent about 14 days ago, and so reissued it with a new number and sent it via Fedex.   When I go to activate the card, it shows me the two cards I will be activating, one with a different number for my AU.   And I don't have that card!  So I call again, and that card was sent separately, via US Mail.

Good idea as obviously shipping two cards in the same Fedex package is much more difficult than making two shipments!   Still, hopefully the other card will arrive.

As an aside, on these calls they thank me for being a Barclays customer since 2018.   Obviously not quite up to the Amex relationship tracking, as I have had several cards with them for a much longer period.   I'm guessing 2018 is when I converted to the Uber card, but at that time I moved over the CL from whatever the Sallie Mae card had become (was that a version of the Rewards?) and that had been opened much longer.

Next time I will correct them: actually got my first Barclaycard in 1978, although that was the UK parent!

Message 74 of 80
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

My change date was 10/08. I sent Barclays a message last Friday (10/23), they responded the same day with "in a couple of days" with a standard template message about replacement cards. I received my card Monday. Not sure if it is a coincidence that they sent it after I contacted them, but it took them forever. And no communication before that. They just kept sending me Uber Card Checks while my card online says View.

Message 75 of 80
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

My conversion was supposed to happen on 10/7 (I think).  I also received my new card on Monday, but left it in the envelope on the desk and haven't activated it yet. 

Walked by the desk later and noticed our house cat left a furball on the envelope... even our cat realizes the non-usefullness of this card!  Smiley LOL

Message 76 of 80
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

They said my conversion date was 10/23 ..which predictably is the statement cut date

* Not sure when, but now the website shows it as a View card and last four numbers of card different than the Uber card I have.

I have *not* received the View card (and i'm not waiting by the mailbox either, i really could care less)

but I am a tad curious if my Uber card still works after this conversion ...conversion in which I have not received the new card. 

I'm tempted to pull the Uber card out from the bottom of the birdcage to find out.     Nah, better use where it is.

wondering if there is a simple online tool to find out if a card is valid?, I don't have any desire to actually purchase anything with it.

||
Message 77 of 80
sammydavidjr
Regular Contributor

wondering if there is a simple online tool to find out if a card is valid?, I don't have any desire to actually purchase anything with it.

Try booking a rental car or a hotel room with refundable fare and they will tell you whether the card is valid: if the transaction goes through, you can cancel right after. You could do the same with an airplane ticket: all commercial airlines in the US are required by law to refund tickets within the first 24 hours of purchase, so you can book a cheap non-refundable fare and still cancel/refund right after the purchase.

Message 78 of 80
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

If you do not plan to use the card, then leave it as it is. I received my Barclay View card and it directly went to SD. Anyway, I still receive Uber BT letters in a weekly basis over a year and not sure how to turn it off to save a few trees Smiley Happy

To verify whether your card is working or not, you can simply purchase a 1$ Amazon GC and within a few minutes, you see the results.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 79 of 80
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote

To verify whether your card is working or not, you can simply purchase a 1$ Amazon GC and within a few minutes, you see the results.

Thanks @sammydavidjr and @xenon3030

I bought an Amazon gift card with the old Uber Card  ..and it immedialy posted to the VIEW account under the new VIEW account number.   I'm assuming the transaction will be treated 100% like a view card as far as T&C's, perks etc.....

Uber2View.PNG

||
Message 80 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.