Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way To Pay American Express

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Way To Pay American Express

@shane82388 wrote:

Yeah, i have basically just been waiting for it to give me a due date and amount due. Basically have my finger on the trigger waiting to pay them haha. Just want to know what the "credit enthusist" way of doing this was...like if you should be paying even if there is no amount due yet or what...

I don't think it matters when you pay (as long as you pay on time) cards that don't report a balance because the only reason to pay by a certain date (e.g before the statement date) on a revolving account is so you report a low balance.  I don't think AMEX, or any CCC for that matter, cares if you pay 2 weeks before your due date or the day before your due date as long as you are on-time and aren't leaving a balance.

Message 11 of 16
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

Do they like you to charge up your card with whatever you would normally and then pay it off after you get the bill or would you be better off making a few payments to keep the balance lower and to not "scare" them if it starts to get high during the normal course of the month?

I just got this green charge card and want to make sure its handled perfectly.

this should answer your question. note .that on average, 70 percent of all amex credit card holders carry/report a balance on their statements.

Clipboard02.jpg

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 12 of 16
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 13 of 16
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

I have a zync and I just use for everything I normally would, and just PIF when I get my statement.  I've never had a problem with it and usually charge 1-2k a month on it.

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Early and often.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just pay it and enjoy life.. try not to worry about it. Not worthit

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.