Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best card for college student over 21 - UPDATED

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Best card for college student over 21 - UPDATED

It sure does take a good head on your shoulders at that age. Alot of us screwed up in our esrly 20's by just being young and well, maybe clueless. I dont know what i would have done with 24k especially as i was never truely taught how to utilize it right. Guide her wellSmiley Happy
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
It sure does take a good head on your shoulders at that age. Alot of us screwed up in our esrly 20's by just being young and well, maybe clueless. I dont know what i would have done with 24k especially as i was never truely taught how to utilize it right. Guide her wellSmiley Happy

Well that's what both her father and I did.  I'm trying really hard to help my kids get off with a better start and understand a lot more about how important these early choices are.  I can't take credit for them, though.  My 2 adult children are way more responsible than I ever was.

I'm thinking about recommending that she leave the Navy card here in a sock drawer and just set it up with an Amazon subscribe and save subscription for a $3 snack item every month.  Use the Chase visa for every day purchases.  Leave the Discover set up for all her other amazon purchases, which are small and semi-regular.

Message 22 of 25
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Two very nice cards, tell her congratulations on the approvals.

Message 23 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Best card for college student over 21?

@simplynoir wrote:

Appears my first post disappeared. Weird.

@simplynoir, your missing post was in the spam quarantine; I've restored it to the forum.

I don't think you'll have the problem again, but if you do let any mod know or check this link:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Forums-Technical-Help/What-to-do-if-your-new-post-is-missing/...

Message 24 of 25
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Best card for college student over 21?

@UncleB wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Appears my first post disappeared. Weird.

@simplynoir, your missing post was in the spam quarantine; I've restored it to the forum.

I don't think you'll have the problem again, but if you do let any mod know or check this link:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Forums-Technical-Help/What-to-do-if-your-new-post-is-missing/...

Ah, okay, thanks for the heads up! I just figured I had accidentally deleted it when I had tried to originally edit the post or something lol.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.