Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best credit card for 643 TransUnion.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best credit card for 643 TransUnion.

Hello hello, long time lurker of myFico here, decided to set up an account and ask you all for some assistance. I'm looking for some decent approval odds on a credit card (Preferably with CashBack) 

My credit score from Mint 649
My TransUnion score(From CreditKarma) is 643 and showing 2 hard inquiries

My Equifax score (From CreditKarma) is 633 and showing 8 hard inquiries (I went overboard when shopping for a new car)

I only have one account and that is my car loan, 8mos. old. 100% On time payments and 0 deragotory marks.

I had one Credit Card back in February of 2015 it got closed for non payment, i filed a dispute with Transunion not too long ago and since then the whole Credit Card has been completely wiped from my Credit report,

If you guys have any suggestions that would be great, and of course i'm willing to provide any additional information needed. Thanks!

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best credit card for 643 TransUnion.

1. Auto inq. Don't effect you when you in the CC market
2. You have to get your scores up even Cap one will triple pull you.
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response! So for my score it's best to just go with something like a secure card for now? Chances aren't too good for an unsecured

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try Capital One Quicksilver. They give 1.5% cash back on all purchases and I was approved with them the same month as my bankruptcy discharge. They were the first ones that gave me a second chance and approved me with initially $500 and just 2 years later have $2500 credit limit. They've been very good to me and I highly recommend them. Also, my credit score was much lower than 643 when I applied, so you should have no problem being approved. 

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the response! So for my score it's best to just go with something like a secure card for now? Chances aren't too good for an unsecured

Let's pause for a minute.

First, you need to get your FICO credit scores.  While CreditKarma is great for monitoring your credit reports, the scores they give you are for the most part, useless.  They are Vantage 3.0 scores which no credit card issuer uses and they can vary widely from your FICO scores.  They could be off as much as 100 points in one direction or the other.  While ultimately a secured credit card may be your best option in the end, it is important to know your FICO scores for now and going forward.

One note about auto inquiries.  While it is true that if they are done in a 2 week period they are scored as one inquiry for FICO scoring purposes.  Nonetheless every inquiry counts towards your total number so if a creditor is inquiry sensitive and the computer picks up, for example 50 inquiries, it doesn't matter that they were scores as one or not, they still will see that you have 50 inquiries.  Just want you and the person that responded to you to be aware of this.

Get your FICO scores for the 3 credit bureaus and let us know and then we can provide you with useful recommendations.  We are here to help but we need as much info as possible to assist you adequately.  Please don't apply for anything until you know those scores.

Message 5 of 22
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

creditscorecard.com will give a free FICO score from experian every 30 days. If it cannot give you a score, then you don't have the minimums necessary to generate a FICO score. If that is the case, you would need either a Secured credit card, or use the Alliant Share Secured loan, and then wait until you have at least 6 months of data on your credit reports before a FICO score can be generated.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the headsup! I checked with credit score card and got a score of 686!

https://imgur.com/gallery/EkTus

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the headsup! I checked with credit score card and got a score of 686!

https://imgur.com/gallery/EkTus

Much better.

If you are 21 or older check CapitalOne's PreQualified Page and see if anything shows up.

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think so too! That's coming up from a 490. Should i be concerned about applying for capital one since they are the ones i had my first credit card with that got charged off and is no longer on my credit report?  Also yes im 23

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think so too! That's coming up from a 490. Should i be concerned about applying for capital one since they are the ones i had my first credit card with that got charged off and is no longer on my credit report?  Also yes im 23

How long ago was the charge off?  Regardless, C1 is the most forgiving bank there is when concerns past bad accounts.  People get approved all the time even though they burned them in the past.  If something shows up as being prequalified, your chances are very good at getting approved.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.