Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisting

tag
pghguy

Blacklisting

OKay I need everyones expertise....
I have read some of the blacklisting threads and I want to make sure I have this correct.  This pertains to BK.
Amex will blacklist for life
Discover, Chase, BOA, Citi for 7 years?

How long will Juniper and Merrick blacklist for?

What about Cap 1 and HSBC?

Thanks guys!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blacklisting

pghguy wrote:
OKay I need everyones expertise....
I have read some of the blacklisting threads and I want to make sure I have this correct.  This pertains to BK.
Amex will blacklist for life
Discover, Chase, BOA, Citi for 7 years?

How long will Juniper and Merrick blacklist for?

What about Cap 1 and HSBC?

Thanks guys!!

Are you asking about whether these CCCs will blacklist if you IIB them, or just for having a BK reporting even if those particular CCCs weren't included?

Message 2 of 15
pghguy

If you BK them (IIB) how long do they blacklist

Message Edited by pghguy on 08-08-2008 01:39 PM
Message 3 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

From what I've seen here on the forums, Discover and BOA *should* approve if the BK is over 7 years old.

One member had to call Discover for recon after an initial denial for BK to let them know it was over 7 years old.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 15
plasticguy
Established Contributor

I filed Bankruptcy in the 80's Against AMEX, Citi & Discover. AMEX will not allow you to have a card nor be an authorize user for 20 years. I now have a AMEX Blue 23k limit 6.99% had since Jan 07. Started out at 10K. I have a Discover Card at 15k had it since 06 8.74 APR Have received several increases CITI is the Problem. Gave me 2 accounts Professional at 15K and Diamond at 8300. They will not grant me an increase on the Diamond due to the default. Pro was Opened in Sept 07, Diamond open Jan 08. Both cards are still at Promo rate of 0% and as of now when rate is over, Diamond will be 6.99% Pro 7.24%. Now why would they give me 2 accounts yet decline any future increases. I already started a thread about this a few days ago As you can tell by my scores, I've picked my self up and Cleaned up
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

plasticguy wrote:
I filed Bankruptcy in the 80's Against AMEX, Citi & Discover. AMEX will not allow you to have a card nor be an authorize user for 20 years. I now have a AMEX Blue 23k limit 6.99% had since Jan 07.

Were you told this info about 20 years by someone at Amex, or are you basing that on your own experience?  The consensus is that they blacklist for life if you IIB them.  Your own experience may be simply because they no longer have a record of your previous relationship gone bad, which happens now and then in a company that size.

Message 6 of 15
plasticguy
Established Contributor

No, no one at AMEX told me, that's what I heard. However, they still have my record. When I activated my blue in 07, the agent told me "Thank you for being a card member since 87. That's when I opened the green card and filed in 89
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

plasticguy wrote:
I filed Bankruptcy in the 80's Against AMEX, Citi & Discover. AMEX will not allow you to have a card nor be an authorize user for 20 years. I now have a AMEX Blue 23k limit 6.99% had since Jan 07. Started out at 10K. I have a Discover Card at 15k had it since 06 8.74 APR Have received several increases CITI is the Problem. Gave me 2 accounts Professional at 15K and Diamond at 8300. They will not grant me an increase on the Diamond due to the default. Pro was Opened in Sept 07, Diamond open Jan 08. Both cards are still at Promo rate of 0% and as of now when rate is over, Diamond will be 6.99% Pro 7.24%. Now why would they give me 2 accounts yet decline any future increases. I already started a thread about this a few days ago As you can tell by my scores, I've picked my self up and Cleaned up

when did you file for bk. For what i understand discover was founded in the late 80's
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

carlos1102 wrote:

plasticguy wrote:

when did you file for bk. For what i understand discover was founded in the late 80's

I don't think that's right. I haven't researched it or anything, but I KNOW I remember seeing Discover card applications at dozens of cash registers in the early 80s. Everywhere you went, they were sticking one of those under your nose. Unless I'm losing my mind. ;-)
Message 9 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I believe Wikipedia stated that Discover started in 1986, but I (or it) could be wrong.
Here we go again...
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.