Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blispay Payment Holds?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Blispay Payment Holds?

Last Monday I paid my Blispay account using their interface.  I've still not received my first statement (or rather, statement notification) but I was paying my other bills and decided to 'keep it simple' and wipe out all my 'little' balances.  The amount I paid was just under $31.

A full week later, they still haven't restored my available credit to the full amount.  Granted, it's certainly not a problem in this case, but if it was a significant amount (or my credit line was small) it could be problematic.

Note that my balance as shown on their website is correct ($0 balance) and the payment cleared my bank only a couple of days after I made it.

I guess I'm just curious to see what others are experiencing... thanks! Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Blispay Payment Holds?

10 day holds for me .. Hopefully it goes away for 90 days or whatever once they get "use" to us.  Granted credited, just not back to available credit for 10 days which isn't a huge concern to me, just a slight bit annoying

Message 2 of 32
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

10 day holds for me .. Hopefully it goes away for 90 days or whatever once they get "use" to us.  Granted credited, just not back to available credit for 10 days which isn't a huge concern to me, just a slight bit annoying

Ah, so it will be 10 days then.  I agree, it is a slight bit annoying, but as long as I know the "rules of the game" I can easily work with it.

I would usually just 'push' the payment to avoid the issue altogether (I'm generally a big advocate of 'push' ACH payments anyway) but since doing that would create a paper check that would then be mailed I think it is simpler to just pay within their established system.

I'm still a fan!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a rather long hold, although I know some lenders hold the first payment (or large payments) sometimes, so hopefully that's all it is and eventually they'll start going faster.

Message 4 of 32
joltdude
Senior Contributor

This is like subprime cards with the holds like this. Hopefully it's just a short term issue once account is established.....
Message 5 of 32
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@joltdude wrote:
This is like subprime cards with the holds like this. Hopefully it's just a short term issue once account is established.....

It does remind me a bit of the old Orchard/HSBC days in that regard... LOL.

I'm with you, though, I'm hoping that once a few successful payments go through they'll relax on that a bit.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 32
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That is a rather long hold, although I know some lenders hold the first payment (or large payments) sometimes, so hopefully that's all it is and eventually they'll start going faster.

+1

That is long and would drive me crazy lol

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 32
srecor
Valued Member

Penfed does the same. 10 day hold for first 90 days, even if it comes from a share account or access america

EQ 731 TU 741 EX 818

VENTURE 13K,PROMISE 5000,AMEX ED 9k,AMEX DELTA 9kCSP 5K,FREEDOM 2K,SLATE 2K,MARRIOTT 5K,CHASE AMAZON 500,AMAZON STORE 5000,DISCOVER IT 4200,BARCLAY REWARDS 2000, QS 7300,EBATES VISA 6000,WALMART 1800,BEST BUY 700,CREDIT ONE 1750,CREDIT ONE 1200, FIRST PREMIER 300,OVERSTOCK 3400,CARE CREDIT 6800,PAYPAL 5000,B OF A 6300,BLISPAY 4000, MARVEL 6000
Message 8 of 32
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

Is this just for Large payments or all payment? 

Message 9 of 32
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

Is this just for Large payments or all payment? 

All

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.