Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA PreQual Reliability

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA PreQual Reliability

Just curious, how reliable is BoA’s pre-qualification tool?  

I have a “saved application,” pending for Cash Rewards Visa and am hesitant to pull the trigger - in light of the pre-qualified message I received.  I can't help but think BoA gives these messages to every potential applicant? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA PreQual Reliability

Reading posts from before, nobody trusts its site and to give you more clarification, here's my post from earlier Smiley Happy
Let us know what you decide to do!
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Bank-of-America-do-not-provide-Pre-Approvals/...

Message 2 of 6
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

A preapproval will normally include a set APR%.  If it is a range of 15xx to 22xx for example, not as solid.  They also tend to use verbiage "we recommend", which is marketing.

Good luck!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good looking out & thank you!

Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Not worth anything. Are you looking for cash back, voila! WE RECOMMEND OUR CASH BACK CARDSmiley Wink.

Better odds trusting Credit One that youll get hit with some kinda fee then a prequal from BoaSmiley Wink. Just moSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

BOA prequalify about as reliable as the weather 😆

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.