Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA MyAccess Checking

tag
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

BofA MyAccess Checking

I have an offer for a $75 premium to open a MyAccess checking account with BofA which shows up under offers when I login. I have a CC with BofA. If I open the checking account are they going to hard me again or will I be OK since I already am "real", have credit and am not applying for more credit.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA MyAccess Checking

you'll most likely get another hard.
Message 2 of 16
dallas01
New Contributor

I just opened that account and they pulled a hard on TU and Experian softpull. I applied for a cc and they pulled a hard on experian. I was offered the secured and accepted that one. They did another hard on Experian. So for a Bank Account and CC I've got 3 hards and a soft for BOA.
Message 3 of 16
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

it is not worth it IMHO. i opened a B  of A MyAccess checking because i intended on applying for one of their credit cards in the future. it has been the worst experience ever.

whenever i depost anyting over $100.00, a 1 week hold is put on the account no matter what.

as you can imagine, i never use the account and should probably just close it. I have 2 other bank accounts where the funds are available the next day as long as the deposit is under $5,000.00
Message 4 of 16
wmarat
Valued Contributor

They most likely will hard you.

If you need checking and do not want to be harded, open Agricultural FCU, as far as I know they soft your EQ for membership and non credit products.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 5 of 16
stefanc
Regular Contributor

I opened one a few weeks ago, I called and additionally talked with someone online to make sure it would not be a hard. They all said it would be a soft.

Filled out everything online - account opened within 3 days without a hard -- soft pull only!

YMMV
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

stefanc wrote:
I opened one a few weeks ago, I called and additionally talked with someone online to make sure it would not be a hard. They all said it would be a soft.

Filled out everything online - account opened within 3 days without a hard -- soft pull only!

YMMV

I'm glad it worked out for you, but never, ever believe a CSR when they say it will only be a soft pull.  Nine times out of ten they have no idea what they are talking about, and probably don't even know the difference.

Message 7 of 16
dallas01
New Contributor

BOA is a very good bank IMO, even with a hard pull. Every bank will hold your deposit if they don't know you. Thats why I use more than 1 bank. I just take cash out from one and then deposit cash, no hold. I forgot where I read it but, it says don't close out your bank account when you get another one. Wait until your bank gets to know you. BOA offers free transfers!
Message 8 of 16
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@stefanc wrote:

YMMV

I'm glad it worked out for you, but never, ever believe a CSR when they say it will only be a soft pull. Nine times out of ten they have no idea what they are talking about, and probably don't even know the difference.

Yup I agree Cheddar.

But so far with BofA I have had pretty good luck (if I've been told it would be soft only) calling back and having them re-code a hard to a soft. Before pulling the trigger, I'll call multiple times, get names, bump it up to a supervisor etc.

Twice I've had a hard recoded without much problem, explaining my "paper" trail of calls and names.

Again big -- YMMV
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

they can't hard your for a checking account unless there is a ODLOC connected, they soft you report to verify you idenity based on the info in the report
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.