Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA siggy reporting Limit on EX ?

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

BofA siggy reporting Limit on EX ?

I was under the impression the BofA 1-2-3 signature card didn't traditionally report balance, high balance and limit on a tradeline. Well, on my USAA CMS they are reporting the whole enchilada on my EX report (though not on EQ and TU). It lists this TL as a flexible spending credit card with revolving terms and if it matters, it was a PC from an old (and very ugly) Gold card. 

Is this the norm? 

If I carry a balance, how does this this affect my score?

Ugh.

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: BofA siggy reporting Limit on EX ?

@MontegoMack wrote:

I was under the impression the BofA 1-2-3 signature card didn't traditionally report balance, high balance and limit on a tradeline. Well, on my USAA CMS they are reporting the whole enchilada on my EX report (though not on EQ and TU). It lists this TL as a flexible spending credit card with revolving terms and if it matters, it was a PC from an old (and very ugly) Gold card. 

Is this the norm? 

If I carry a balance, how does this this affect my score?

Ugh.

As you can see from my signature, I have 2 BofA accounts --a Cash Rewards card and a Merrill Lynch Platinum Plus card.  They are both Visa Signature cards...as are my Chase Sapphire Preferred and JP Morgan Select.  All signature cards.  All report on my 3 bureaus. All show a CL, all show a high balance, all show "flexible spending card".  Also as you can see, I'm in the 800 club.  So I think it helps my score, and will likely help your score to report.  I've carried a balance on my BofA and ML cards on occasion, and had practically no impact on my score.  I didn't request that they report this way, they just do.

Message 2 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

If a card reports a limit, than the limit and balance are calculated into revolving utilization metric.

If a card does not report a limit, than the high balance and the current balance are used.

Only really irritating thing about this once known, is some lenders will reset the high balance number after some period Smiley Sad.

        
Message 3 of 4
HiLine
Blogger

For most people, BofA would not report the limit of a Visa Signature. However, I've seen a few exceptions recently. I have no idea why these exceptions exist, but they are certainly not the norm.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.