Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buckle card using shopping cart trick

tag
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Buckle card using shopping cart trick

After you put something in your cart and go to check out a message says you are pre approved for a 300 limit do you except. Then it says under that subject to credit approval. If you click accept do you have to fill in anything else and if so what exactly is the next question after you accept offer. Will you be asked for employment information or income? Do you get a soft pull when you hit I except or when will they  do the soft pull?

What other card will give higher CL? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Buckle card using shopping cart trick

@ShiningDown wrote:

After you put something in your cart and go to check out a message says you are pre approved for a 300 limit do you except. Then it says under that subject to credit approval. If you click accept do you have to fill in anything else and if so what exactly is the next question after you accept offer. Will you be asked for employment information or income? Do you get a soft pull when you hit I except or when will they  do the soft pull?

What other card will give higher CL? 

AFAIK its a SP and a new account added if you accept. They have already SP'ed you if you see the offer.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 5
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Do you still have to fill out a application? Will they ask for income and employment or what is the final steps to complete the process to get the card? 

Message 3 of 5
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@ShiningDown wrote:

Do you still have to fill out a application? Will they ask for income and employment or what is the final steps to complete the process to get the card? 

About a year ago I was pre-approved via the shopping cart and I don't quite remember what happened after I hit accept, but it was definitely a soft pull. I never had to fill out another application or anything like that, they just used the address, name etc. from my account I made online. I had the card about 9 months and used it only a few times. I finally ended up closing it last month because I wasn't using it much. But it did report to the big 3 every month and really helped in my rebuild. If you shop there a lot I would definitely get it, although the rewards system is a bit tricky, not that great. Anyway, congrats on the pre-approval!

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 4 of 5
unusuallyconfused
Regular Contributor

I did this just a couple days ago.

If you get the popup at checkout it was say that you're pre-approved for UP TO a certain amount.

Then you put in the last 4 of your social security number and date of birth. 

click the button and that's it.

A screen will next pop up telling you congratuations you've been approved for XXX.XX amount of credit and your new card and welcome package will be in the mail and at your house in 7-10 business days.

Or...you won't get an instant approval after you've done it.

But don't worry, it is a soft pull and will  have zero impact on your credit score(s).

WHAT WILL HAVE AN IMPACT ON YOUR SCORE?

If you accept the offer and get your new account then it will affect the average age of your credit accounts which will temporarily bring down your score(s). Keep that in mind. But with a new line of credit, that will affect your utilization for the positive as if you're running balances a new line of credit will dilute that a bit.

USAA Rewards VISA (7,500 - 03/2013) / DiscoverIT (6500 - 03/2013) / Cap One Platinum MC (2750 - 03/2013) / Credit One Platinum VISA (750 - 03/2013) / First Premier Bank MC (300 - 02/2013) / FingerHut/WEBBANK (5200.00 - 02/2013) / Victoria's Secret/Comenity (1500 - 03/2013) / PayPal Smart Connect/GECRB (2900 - 03/2013) / Lowe's/GECRB (2800 - 03/2013) / Amazon.com/GECRB (4500 - 03/2013) / Chevron Texaco/GECRB (1950 - 03/2013) / J.C. Penney/GECRB (2150 - 02/2013) / Target (750 - 07/2013) / Abercrombie & Fitch/Comenity (1850 - 07/2013) / CareCredit/GECRB (4500 - 08/2013) / DCU Visa (2000 - 11/2013) / NFCU Sig cashRewards Visa (7000 - 11/2013) - MilitaryStar/Chase (4700 /12/2013)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.