Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP1 Question

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

CAP1 Question

So my BF has the CAP1 QS card, and got the annual fee of $39, but the thing is, his 4 other cards have no annual fee, and he has a fico score of 696 when he last checked. I was wondering down the road like closer to the annual fee being charged, is it possible for CAP1 to remove the annual fee?

Also his info:

100% on time

no baddies

AAOA - almost 2 years

Also so with CAP1 they say you can request a CLI every 6 mos, as an example if he did it 3 mos prior to the 6 mos, so 3/6 mos, and was declined could he try again at the 6 mos mark so after 3 more mos and be approved? or would he have to wait another 6 mos after the first time trying? i know it sounds a little confusing

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: CAP1 Question

You can always request the AF to be waived. Do a search on the boards for others who have posted about contacting the EO. The six month time period is usually after a successful CLI, if you had not received one there's nothing stopping you from asking monthly.
Message 2 of 4
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
You can always request the AF to be waived. Do a search on the boards for others who have posted about contacting the EO. The six month time period is usually after a successful CLI, if you had not received one there's nothing stopping you from asking monthly.

+1

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 4
Apinzon2374
Regular Contributor

I would definitely recommend contacting the EO for this, I tried doing it through the chat and they said they couldn't do it.

Just e-mail them, they'll call you and more than likely they'll waive it. Also, you can do it anytime, not just when they are about to charge the AF. Good luck.

Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday
Scores: EX: 725 | TU:742
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.