Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Question

tag
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

CC Question

So, as I have learned from all of you, I have a question still about the next step *if you will*  I want to get in with Chase, Discover and or Citi.  You all know that I am POST 2 years now BK Ch7 discharge.  I have NEVER burned any of them listed above.  My question is, what company is the easier one *at this point* to try and get.  I have seen people get them with BK showing, so I know its possible, but is Discover the best with BK showing, at least some time since discharged?  or is Chase or Citi?  My scores when applying should be around EQ 630  TU 640  EX 675   I have been heavily rebuilding since the 2 years it has discharged and my CCD Util will be around 13-15%.  Any help would be AWESOME...thanks everyone!

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CC Question

Out of all the ones your listed CITI is by far the toughest...  See where your scores are getting down your utilization and they have posted to your CR.  IMO your scorse won't qualify you for any of the lenders, my guess is the Chase freedom would be the easiest to get out of the 3 you listed, but not with your current scores.. Possibly might want to consider Barclay's RMC after you can get your scores up another 30 points approx.  As stated get util down then re-pull once payment posted on CRA's.

Message 2 of 16
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Ok, thank you!!  I have a Barclays Rewards Mastercard.  They just PC'd me from the Financing Visa.  Would my TU score be high enough to see if I can get a CLI with them?  Should be around 640 ish.  I think The Chase Freedom would be my first choice, but the consensus from yall has been to wait a bit longer to get my scores up.

CCD Util 35%

Message 3 of 16
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Thank you again!
CCD Util 35%

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is a big whopping "maybe."

Their prequalification page on their site is worthless so that won't help you, and they are funny about approvals anyway - two people with the same profile can apply and one will get it and the other won't.  The only way to really see if you can get a Discover is to app blind and hope.  They may approve a card, counter with different terms, counter with the joint card, counter with the secured card, or deny.  Crap shoot.

Message 5 of 16
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Ok thank you!! I really appreciate it. They don't recon tho do they?
CCD Util 35%

Message 6 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Deltadog03 wrote:
Ok thank you!! I really appreciate it. They don't recon tho do they?

Nope not really..

Message 7 of 16
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Dsicover was the first to issue a card to me post BK and my previous relationship with them did not end well.  I had a Chase card at the time of my IT app, but it was a card Chase took over from WaMU.  I had never had a Chase card, so I never burned them or IIB, but they declined me twice for a CC and once for car loan, even though I was banking with them at the time.  It's always a YMMV situation, but from other posts I've read Chase is allergic to BK, especially fairly recent ones. 

At the time of my Discover app, I was 5+ yrs post BK. 

Message 8 of 16
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Discover seems to be forgiving with aged negatives if there isn't many recent new accts. they wouldn't approve me until my CR were spotless.

Citi on the other hand, sent me a pre qualified offer in the mail which was instantly approved with a 4 year old paid negative. So I think all of them are really ymmv to a degree. Chase approved me shortly thereafter when I explained my past mis steps.
Message 9 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:
Discover seems to be forgiving with aged negatives if there isn't many recent new accts. they wouldn't approve me until my CR were spotless.

Citi on the other hand, sent me a pre qualified offer in the mail which was instantly approved with a 4 year old paid negative. So I think all of them are really ymmv to a degree. Chase approved me shortly thereafter when I explained my past mis steps.

Citi is really the last big bank I haven't really cracked or been to scared to apply as they don't ike any baddies I have heard and seen from others experience so haven't wanted to waste a pull.  BofA I could get a card with, but I despise them and that is awhole different thread.  

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.