Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI CLI request question

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

CITI CLI request question

Yes, another one! I know if you go to the request credit line increase link on their website and the form is there, it almost always results in a hard pull. I noticed the other day, the form is shorter omitting the bank account information. I would like to know if this is normal across all Citi cardholders or is this abridged request form still going to result in a hard pull.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DI
Super Contributor

Re: CITI CLI request question

@MrShush wrote:

Yes, another one! I know if you go to the request credit line increase link on their website and the form is there, it almost always results in a hard pull. I noticed the other day, the form is shorter omitting the bank account information. I would like to know if this is normal across all Citi cardholders or is this abridged request form still going to result in a hard pull.

Yes, the form has been shorter for 3-4 months now.  I still never submit when I get the form.

Message 2 of 4
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Rats! I'm really close to ditching this card; I've had it since 2009 and it has not grown. All of my other cards are very close to or over 10K. This one is mired at $1800. I called them the other day and the CSR didn't know if I requested an increase whether or not it would result in a hard pull.

Message 3 of 4
DI
Super Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

Rats! I'm really close to ditching this card; I've had it since 2009 and it has not grown. All of my other cards are very close to or over 10K. This one is mired at $1800. I called them the other day and the CSR didn't know if I requested an increase whether or not it would result in a hard pull.

I called them several months ago and got a CLI without a hard pull.  Keep calling until you get someone who knows for sure if its a hard or soft pull. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.