Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI World Elite questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CITI World Elite questions

I recently did an upgrade to a World Elite Dividend card. I keep looking for info on the lounge access, I cant seem to find anything at all. Does anyone that has this card have any info on the Airline Lounge Access? Ie. Priority Pass or lounge club? Any free visits etc?

Thanks folks.  This place has helped me so much with my credit over the past few years its crazy!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: CITI World Elite questions

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently did an upgrade to a World Elite Dividend card. I keep looking for info on the lounge access, I cant seem to find anything at all. Does anyone that has this card have any info on the Airline Lounge Access? Ie. Priority Pass or lounge club? Any free visits etc?

Thanks folks.  This place has helped me so much with my credit over the past few years its crazy!

I haven't pursued lounge access via my Dividend World Elite card yet since I receive it from a different card, but as I understand it World Elite gives you PriorityPass. However, that still requires a per visit fee (even for the primary cardholder).

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 2 of 17
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Citi no longer participates in PriorityPass as of Oct 1, 2011. Instead the airport lounge access is provided via LoungeFirst, more info at www.travelbenefits.citi.com It isn't as good as PP, main issue is you have to preprint and prepay for vouchers online. I prefer the flexibility of just showing up when I want access vs having to plan for it.

Message 3 of 17
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Which number did you use to ask for a upgrade? I tried a while back and the CSR's were not very helpful, they didnt know what a world elite was.

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 4 of 17
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Just call the number on the back of your card and ask about conversion options. When you're eligible, they will automatically upgrade you but sometimes enable the offer prior to the initiation of the campaign to upgrade X number of accounts.

Message 5 of 17
tray
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Just call the number on the back of your card and ask about conversion options. When you're eligible, they will automatically upgrade you but sometimes enable the offer prior to the initiation of the campaign to upgrade X number of accounts.

Is there a certain amount of spending that needs to be done on the card to see if a conversion can be done for world elite, thanks for any information

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 17
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Two ways to get the offer, have the card for a long time in good standing with periodic spending or very little time but lots of spending, I think in the $40k+ threshold. On this forum, everyone that has been upgraded has had their cards for many years.

Message 7 of 17
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Two ways to get the offer, have the card for a long time in good standing with periodic spending or very little time but lots of spending, I think in the $40k+ threshold. On this forum, everyone that has been upgraded has had their cards for many years.

Or you can PC to it. I got a secured MC 3 years ago. 1.5yrs ago it unsecured. I recently PC'ed it to an AA WE MC. No pulls, not even any questions, just a  "sure, we can do that."

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 8 of 17
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

Or you can PC to it. I got a secured MC 3 years ago. 1.5yrs ago it unsecured. I recently PC'ed it to an AA WE MC. No pulls, not even any questions, just a  "sure, we can do that."

You can't PC into World Elite MasterCard, you need to be eligible for the upgrade. It is not a product change in the same way you PC from Citi Platinum Select into Citi Forward. There are only two exceptions, you can PC into the Executive A/Advantage or TY Prestige, as both products are by default WEMC. All other WEMC's are converted based on eligibility. Citi Dividend is one such example, you need to qualify for the WEMC version.

Message 9 of 17
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@cashnocredit wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

You can't PC into World Elite MasterCard, you need to be eligible for the upgrade. It is not a product change in the same way you PC from Citi Platinum Select into Citi Forward. There are only two exceptions, you can PC into the Executive A/Advantage or TY Prestige, as both products are by default WEMC. All other WEMC's are converted based on eligibility. Citi Dividend is one such example, you need to qualify for the WEMC version.

I didn't ask for a WE MC but rather asked to PC into a EMV chipped, 0% forex card. Citi suggested the AA exec WE card. Since I was also looking at a lot of AA travel as likely, it seemed like a good choice. Their description of the unsecured MC I had was a "silver" card. It had precisely the same T&Cs as when it was secured. When I asked if I could PC it to another card they said sure, what card would I like. That's when I asked about the EMV chiped 0 forex. It's quite possible I was eligible for a WE card based on my spending. I only know they didn't pull credit.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.