Did you mean: 

CLD from Citi (Update: Recon Success)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLD from Citi

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous  sorry ☹

If you have any BT offers on your existing cards, you might want to try a BT away from Citi card. 

I dont think they will reinstate your limit if new, lower balances are not reporting yet. 

They might do it afterwards, but there also might be a HP involved, and that doesnt work well right before the mortgage either. 

You could try paying it down to more bearable utilization level (for scoring purposes), but I dont know if that's possible.

In any case, maybe have a talk with your loan officer and see what they recommend you do. 

Again, I'm really sorry this happened to you at the worst possible time. 

Thanks eMom. They were aware that I purchased a new vehicle to lower payments. I currently have only 1 BT offer and it's to my Ducks Unlimited card and I'd be paying interest on it then. 

Message 11 of 24
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous  sorry ☹

If you have any BT offers on your existing cards, you might want to try a BT away from Citi card. 

I dont think they will reinstate your limit if new, lower balances are not reporting yet. 

They might do it afterwards, but there also might be a HP involved, and that doesnt work well right before the mortgage either. 

You could try paying it down to more bearable utilization level (for scoring purposes), but I dont know if that's possible.

In any case, maybe have a talk with your loan officer and see what they recommend you do. 

Thanks eMom. They were aware that I purchased a new vehicle to lower payments. I currently have only 1 BT offer and it's to my Ducks Unlimited card and I'd be paying interest on it then. 

🤗

Well, in a pinch, paying a bit of interest till mortgage is finalized is not the worst thing. 

A bit of interest on BT can save you thousands on mortgage interest and prevent you from dumping all the money into paying off cards. You will need money for your new home and a newest tiny one. 

If that card is now maxed or close to it, neurotic mortgage scores weep. 

Once mortgage is done, you should be able to apply for a better BT card and move on. 

Message 12 of 24
NRB525
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear that OP. Balance chasing never welcome. 

Are you certain scores have changed substantially? You have access to the same scoring model the mortgage company will use? Asking to see the datapoint as "ton of bricks" can be a relative term. 

What are your remaining balances on all cards, vs the new credit limits? Again looking for specific data as that is more useful to determine possible paths forward. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 13 of 24
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous  sorry ☹

Did you trade-in a vehicle that has substantial equity that you're able to pay-off some debts?

Because that's the only scenario I can think of that might improve/lower your DTI or monthly debt payments in opening a new car loan.

Am I missing something?

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Surprised that a LO would suggest a new loan app leading up to a mortgage app, even if it meant saving $125/mo or whatever to help DTI.

Message 15 of 24
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Yeah sounds like you got some bad advice there.  Sorry this happened to you.

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi CLD recon SUCCESS!

Hey all!

About a week ago I asked for a recon on my Citi simplicity CLD. After talking to 3 or 4 different CSRs I finally got one to submit a recon proposal. I just received an email stating that effective immediately my CL has been restored to $10600. Looks like I'll keep this card (will PC soon) and give them some love because I had lost hope with them. 

Current FICO score range 650-682 depending on model and bureau. I'm not proud of these scores but I had some medical bills that came up and unfortunately had to rely on my cards for a little. I'll report back when my scores balance back out from paying off some cards and when the credit line recon posts

Message 17 of 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi CLD recon SUCCESS!

Congratulations on your CLD recon success!

Message 18 of 24
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 19 of 24
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all!

About a week ago I asked for a recon on my Citi simplicity CLD. After talking to 3 or 4 different CSRs I finally got one to submit a recon proposal. I just received an email stating that effective immediately my CL has been restored to $10600. Looks like I'll keep this card (will PC soon) and give them some love because I had lost hope with them. 

Current FICO score range 650-682 depending on model and bureau. I'm not proud of these scores but I had some medical bills that came up and unfortunately had to rely on my cards for a little. I'll report back when my scores balance back out from paying off some cards and when the credit line recon posts

Great news. Good work.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.