Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI without a hard pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI without a hard pull?

I just have a few store credit cards and a car loan. I'd like to get CLI on the cards but don't necessarily want to ask them for one because I don't want any inquiries to show up on report.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI without a hard pull?

Which store cards do you have?  More info= more answers. Thanks

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just have a few store credit cards and a car loan. I'd like to get CLI on the cards but don't necessarily want to ask them for one because I don't want any inquiries to show up on report.

We would have to know what store cards you have before we can tell you whether you can get a SP CLI or not.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Old Navy, Vict Secret, Target and Kohls

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, old navy and vs are sync cards. Call credit  solutions. (Number is in the back door section of approvals) ask for the moon. They will counter. Target is fickle and may go no where for a while. Kohls is cap one. Hit the credit limit increase From the site. Good luck. 

Message 5 of 10
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, old navy and vs are sync cards. Call credit  solutions. (Number is in the back door section of approvals) ask for the moon. They will counter. Target is fickle and may go no where for a while. Kohls is cap one. Hit the credit limit increase From the site. Good luck. 

Credit Solutions 877-379-8173

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I request the cli they wont do a credit inquiry?

Message 7 of 10
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

start with Old Navy.

Call this number (Credit Solutions 877-379-8173) and ask for 10k (or whatever) and they will ask your income.  They will put you on hold and come back with an approval, counter, or denial. It is usually a soft pull (won't hurt your credit) but you never are 100% sure. 

Message 8 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Except VS is not part of SYNCB Miesterbro. VS is issued through Comenity.  If the OP has had VS for >9 months then a CL can be requested online or via the automated system.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, all of the cards you listed above (even though they are through different lenders) are all soft pulls for credit limit increase requests. You can do them online or call. If you call they will tell you that the may have to pull your credit, but in my experience they were all soft pulls. Target you have to call or send a secured message and you have to be placed on a "list" and once on the list they are supposed to review your account every month to see if you qualify for a credit limit increase (some people get auto increases, others (like me) get nothing. Good luck!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.