Re: CONFUSED

@Anonymous wrote:

@laryn41 wrote:
whats median

I think she means average score.

median(mean) is not the same as average

so your say your test score on a series of tests where

100 95 98 80 77 85 85 your average is 88

now to find the median you arrage the scores from lowest to highest with scores repeating

77 80 85 85 95 98 100

the median is 85 because the second 85 is in the middle, there is mathmactical way to figure the mean, but I wouldn't know it. but means are said to be more true indecator than averages

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

rbbyrbsn wrote:

but means are said to be more true indecator than averages

The mean is the average, they are the same thing, just different ways of saying it.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question about my CITI Shell Mastercard. I've had a Shell/Texaco gas card for years so when Shell switched all their cards to a full-blown Mastercard, I hardly noticed, since I hardly ever use the card. Its probably been well over a year since I last used it and there hasn't been any kind of balance on it. I received a statement/bill from then for $20.00, which they are calling an annual fee. When I called about this (guess I missed that in the paperwork during changeover), they said they charge this IF you don't use the card at least 2 times per year. I think that's crap but.... I decided to just close the account because I was aggravated and called them to do so. The person said she cancelled the card. Still, I have rec'd another state/ment bill still showing the $20.00 due. No, its not late, no finance charges. I KNOW we're not supposed to close any card accounts, so my question is do I close it anyway because I hate paying them $20 not to charge my gas on their card or just pay it year after year? Thanks, Linda
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a question about my CITI Shell Mastercard. I've had a Shell/Texaco gas card for years so when Shell switched all their cards to a full-blown Mastercard, I hardly noticed, since I hardly ever use the card. Its probably been well over a year since I last used it and there hasn't been any kind of balance on it. I received a statement/bill from then for $20.00, which they are calling an annual fee. When I called about this (guess I missed that in the paperwork during changeover), they said they charge this IF you don't use the card at least 2 times per year. I think that's crap but.... I decided to just close the account because I was aggravated and called them to do so. The person said she cancelled the card. Still, I have rec'd another state/ment bill still showing the $20.00 due. No, its not late, no finance charges. I KNOW we're not supposed to close any card accounts, so my question is do I close it anyway because I hate paying them $20 not to charge my gas on their card or just pay it year after year? Thanks, Linda

You need to start your own thread and you will get much better responses. Smiley Happy

You will have to pay the $20.00 whether you cancel or not. My guess, and I might be wrong, is that you canceled but did not pay.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.