Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP 80,000 points offer

tag
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP 80,000 points offer

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Exactly.  I had been hoping for the last couple of years that Chase would take a lesson from Amex's successful refresh of the Gold card and refresh the CSP to focus on gas and groceries rather than on the same dining and travel categories that the CSR uses.

Ya, in that scenario it would definitely be nice for them to allow ownership of both cards - would put them in more direct competition with Amex for sure.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 21 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

how long do subs like this normally last?

Message 22 of 40
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

how long do subs like this normally last?

It's "indefinite", sort of, insofar as they have no publicized defined plans to change it at this point in time.

That could change tomorrow, or five years from now, it's impossible to know. Chase may not even know. Even the 60k SUB was technically only temporary, even though it lasted almost 2 years; they could have reduced or eliminated it at any time, and we'd have no way to predict it. Fortunately they didn't.

They've only ever changed the public (available to everyone, not targetted) SUB on the CSP two other times to my knowledge, when they increased it from 40k to 50k in 2015, and from 50k to 60k in 2019. So based on that very limited dataset alone, one can say they "typically" keep their SUBS unchanged for 2-5 years at a time, but these are unusual times and historical data doesn't mean much.

It's noteworthy that their website calls the CSP's 80k SUB a "limited-time offer", and I don't think they used that terminology on the 60k SUB before, even though it, too, was technically a "limited-time offer". But really that's just a marketing phrase anyways, and means nothing without a defined expiration date. There was a time when Big Macs were a limited-time menu offering and Crystal Pepsi was supposed to be around forever.

Message 23 of 40
FieryDance
Frequent Contributor

Wish they had it last month!  😝  

If the referral link updates too I might consider it for hubby.  Otherwise I will have him app for US Bank first.  CSP isn't particularly difficult to get approved for.   

Message 24 of 40
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@FieryDance wrote:

If the referral link updates too I might consider it for hubby.  Otherwise I will have him app for US Bank first.  CSP isn't particularly difficult to get approved for.   

I read on Reddit that last time there was an elevated offer, it took a few days for the referral link to update. Hopefully that's the case this time, we will see.

Message 25 of 40
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

@FieryDance wrote:

I read on Reddit that last time there was an elevated offer, it took a few days for the referral link to update. Hopefully that's the case this time, we will see.

I just found out from an affiliate, that their links are 80k right now. Not ours yet, but at least their referrals are...

Message 26 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had CSP and CSR as black star prequal offers on my Chase account for some time now.  The CSP is showing the 80,000 point SUB now.

Wonder for how long.  I don't plan on getting CSP, if I do ever get one, for at least another year.  20,000 extra points would be nice.

But maybe there's more goodies to come in a future revamp.

Message 27 of 40
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had CSP and CSR as black star prequal offers on my Chase account for some time now.  The CSP is showing the 80,000 point SUB now.

Wonder for how long.  I don't plan on getting CSP, if I do ever get one, for at least another year.  20,000 extra points would be nice.

But maybe there's more goodies to come in a future revamp.

FWIW, 20,000 extra bonus points are worth at least 2 years of annual fees (4 years of AF's if you go by TPG's valuations), so even if your CSP goes totally unused for the first year that you have it, you'd still come out way ahead versus waiting a year and missing the +20k bonus. And if you still don't have any use for it by then, you could PC it to a non-AF card and pocket the rest of the SUB.

I don't know if the +20k bonus will still be around in a year or not, but I definitely wouldn't bet on it.

If it were me, the only reason I wouldn't jump on this offer is if I didn't want UR points for some reason, or if my credit situation makes it not a great idea to apply for any new cards right now.

Message 28 of 40
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Chase really came out of the Q4 gates swinging....Amex who?Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they do refresh it and possibly increase the AF by $5, perhaps it can then be considered a new product thus allowing us who are ineligble to become eligibe!   Wishful thinking I know.

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.