cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP + Freedom + Checking. Use wisely.

tag
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Re: CSP + Freedom + Checking. Use wisely.

@greeneman21 wrote:

Great thread, just got my first statement with the Freedom/checking combo, I noticed the 10/10 isn't listed. Does it take 1-2 billing cycles for it to kick in?

Correct...

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 81 of 113
greeneman21
Contributor

Boo, do they retro the bonus back to the first statement?

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Message 82 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had emailed them about giving me bonus points for the months I missed-- they said they wouldn't; afterwards, however, I did notice that I had gotten some extra points that seems to be the equivalent of the months missed. This didn't show up on the statement.

Message 83 of 113
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

A question about the checking account part of this:

The closest Chase branch is more than 2 hours away.  I don't have a problem with opening an account with at least $1500 and keeping that amount in it to avoid the monthly fee.   So, I was thinking that perhaps I could open an account online and fund it by transferring money from my account at my local bank.  However, when clicking on the checking account link, it asks for a zip code and it won't take mine since there are no branches near me.  Does anyone know if I can open an account over the phone without having to go into a branch?  I just don't see me traveling to Atlanta or Jacksonville from southeast South Carolina just to open an account anytime in the near future.

I do love this concept though.  I have a Freedom and want to app for the CSP in January, so if anyone knows if I can do the banking part by phone, I'd appreciate the info.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 84 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kimmiller112 wrote:

The closest Chase branch is more than 2 hours away.  I don't have a problem with opening an account with at least $1500 and keeping that amount in it to avoid the monthly fee.   So, I was thinking that perhaps I could open an account online and fund it by transferring money from my account at my local bank.  However, when clicking on the checking account link, it asks for a zip code and it won't take mine since there are no branches near me.  Does anyone know if I can open an account over the phone without having to go into a branch?  I just don't see me traveling to Atlanta or Jacksonville from southeast South Carolina just to open an account anytime in the near future.

I do love this concept though.  I have a Freedom and want to app for the CSP in January, so if anyone knows if I can do the banking part by phone, I'd appreciate the info.

There is no way over the phone. Get a $200 coupon for getting a new Chase Checking account and that'll subsidize the cost of the trip/time. There is a free 200 dollar coupon that requires a direct deposit (search around and you'll find this) and there are some coupons on ebay that sell for around 10 bucks and do not require a direct deposit. 

Message 85 of 113
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kimmiller112 wrote:

There is no way over the phone. Get a $200 coupon for getting a new Chase Checking account and that'll subsidize the cost of the trip/time. There is a free 200 dollar coupon that requires a direct deposit (search around and you'll find this) and there are some coupons on ebay that sell for around 10 bucks and do not require a direct deposit. 

Thanks for the reply and the info about the coupons.  It looks like I'll be planning a road trip soon!

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 86 of 113
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

does this still work? or has some of it expired etc? Thank you! Im saving this to my favorites for a goal for this year!!

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 87 of 113
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

I was wondering the same thing
Message 88 of 113
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@dddfresh wrote:

does this still work? or has some of it expired etc? Thank you! Im saving this to my favorites for a goal for this year!!

In a modified, version, yes; the 10 extra bonus points per transaction is now gone, but the 10% annual bonus is still around Smiley Happy i opened up a Chase checking account this past weekend using my refunded deposit for my Orchard secured, plus used my $200 coupon they kept sending me!

Message 89 of 113
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@dddfresh wrote:

In a modified, version, yes; the 10 extra bonus points per transaction is now gone, but the 10% annual bonus is still around Smiley Happy i opened up a Chase checking account this past weekend using my refunded deposit for my Orchard secured, plus used my $200 coupon they kept sending me!

I'll be doing the same thing this weekend .  What's another checking account? Smiley Tongue

Message 90 of 113
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.