Not applicable

Re: CSP - Rewards Program Changes

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
I wonder if they are nerf in the chase sapphire too, though Mong indicated the portal might not be that enticing anyway (don't have one, so can't see. Just found out today about Amex's free shop runner membership, and slowly learning about the other perks in the program).

AMEX is stepping it up in everything but the Lifetime bonus limit and the fact they STILL don't give any type of free FICO score, Unless you count pressing CLI button daily and getting a letter a few days later a free FICO score.

My scores are so topsy turvy right now, I'm sick if scores, Smiley Mad

i won't be taking advantage of that loophole for awhile.

I just looked at your scores the EQ EX differential is probably the biggest i have ever seen :-( I wish there was an place i could get reliable ex score, without abusing the system. 

That is because ex is done with the early exclusion.  Eq needs to wait till mid this month or next month (I talked about it in garden club, now thread Smiley Happy )

planning in slightly higher eq score, since AAOA will be a bit longer, only report showing a closed capital one card in good standing from 2007. 

My EQ is slightly higher due to higher aaoa and less HP since nobody pull eq except CU and discover lol. Chase and Amex and Citi all pull ex :-( I am waiting for my EDP to start reporting with backdating back to 95, hopefully that will give me a nice boost on my ex to match TU and EQ :-)

Yeah, Everyone pulling EX has certainly put a damper on my apping. Smiley Frustrated

Message 41 of 61
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Well there is still one more year....but after these benefits the CSP will look pretty stupid compared to the Arrival.

I will probably keep it if they keep their AF @ $95...if it goes up it will be time to partway with the CSP.

I use my CSP for almost everything except the 5% categories on Freedom/Discover. I've got the Arrival+ this summer for the signup bonus and the card itself it amazing for travels...

I enjoy the CSP Customer service, they have been A+, but if the AF goes up then it will not be enough to keep me.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 42 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IcEWoLF wrote:

Well there is still one more year....but after these benefits the CSP will look pretty stupid compared to the Arrival.

@I will probably keep it if they keep their AF @ $95...if it goes up it will be time to partway with the CSP.

I use my CSP for almost everything except the 5% categories on Freedom/Discover. I've got the Arrival+ this summer for the signup bonus and the card itself it amazing for travels...

I enjoy the CSP Customer service, they have been A+, but if the AF goes up then it will not be enough to keep me.

Ditto. On pretty much everything.

I almost feel bad because I just got my own Discover It last month and have hardly used it due to getting the CSP and SWA at the same time.

Message 43 of 61
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@IcEWoLF wrote:

@I will probably keep it if they keep their AF @ $95...if it goes up it will be time to partway with the CSP.

I almost feel bad because I just got my own Discover It last month and have hardly used it due to getting the CSP and SWA at the same time.

I guess i need to look at arrival + again , i don't see the appeal other than the signup bonus , what makes it that much better then CSP, or cards of that ilk ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 44 of 61
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Canceled it finally...Smiley Indifferent

Message 45 of 61
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@IcEWoLF wrote:

I think that the Arrival and CSP are two very different cards.  The Arrival is a cash back card, only.  The CSP can be used for cash back, the the real value is transfer to miles or points programs.  One can certainly get more than 2.22% back by transfering UR pionts, and using them efficiently.

I also don't agree with all the gloom and doom with this UR announcement.  The only real change is the loss of the extra point when booking through the UR portal.  Booking through the UR portal puts loyalty program points and qualification at risk.  So I think the heaviest travelers who get the most use out of the card, wouldn't be using this feature anyway.

Message 46 of 61
SpendWisely
Valued Member

I hope this is the end of the chipping away of the CSP's benefits. At this rate, I'm wondering if they may even do away with 2x UR points on dining.

Message 47 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SpendWisely wrote:

I hope this is the end of the chipping away of the CSP's benefits. At this rate, I'm wondering if they may even do away with 2x UR points on dining.

They'll have to do it to the Sapphire too if they do it to the CSP.

Message 48 of 61
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@IcEWoLF wrote:

I guess i need to look at arrival + again , i don't see the appeal other than the signup bonus , what makes it that much better then CSP, or cards of that ilk ?

http://creditcardforum.com/blog/barclaycard-arrival-world-mastercard-review/

Plus, also, you can register the card with the reward portals (such as southwest, etc) that you want.  Free upgrades in class is also an additional perk.  Their no annual fee card is pretty good too, if you don't need the seat upgrades.

Signature needs updating
Message 49 of 61
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@IcEWoLF wrote:

http://creditcardforum.com/blog/barclaycard-arrival-world-mastercard-review/

Plus, also, you can register the card with the reward portals (such as southwest, etc) that you want.  Free upgrades in class is also an additional perk.  Their no annual fee card is pretty good too, if you don't need the seat upgrades.

Interesting but you can't get same value for business or first class like you can with UR or MR based cards? We will see what happens with this card if i will downgrade to CS and use freedom and cs to transfer to ink plus. I don't use travel portals all that much so we will see . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 50 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.