Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Targeted Offer

tag
queen_britt2003
Contributor

CSP Targeted Offer

Hi All,

I would like to apply for the CSP card.  The sign-up bonus is enticing and I think it would be a great way to travel on a budget for my son & I.  Any tips on getting a targeted offer?  About 3 months ago, I had to place a fraud alert on my reports with the bureaus.  I would get Chase offers from time to time before that but haven't gotten anything since.  What's the easiest way to get these going again?  I want to make sure I maximize the sign-up bonus.

Thanks for your help!

Starting Scores (2012) - 545-600
Current Scores - FAKO CK (08.15.17) - TU 774, EQ 767
What's in My Wallet: CSP 10.9K CL, Walmart MasterCard 10,000, Discover IT Card CL 9000, BOA Cash Rewards 7500 CL, Tires Plus Card 2200, Discover Card (AU) CL 4000
(Gardening as of 8/15/17)

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: CSP Targeted Offer

I am not aware of anything better than the publicly available 50,000 UR points for $4k spend in 3 months.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the above post.  I have not heard of a targeted offer or any offer for that matter in excess of the 50k/$4k standard sign on bonus for the CSP.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only offer better is if you have a spouse/relative with the CSP currently who refers you.

Then you'd get the 50,000 UR ($500 cash/$625 Travel) Plus whoever refers you gets 10,000 UR points ($100 cash/$125 Travel).

That's the best you'll get ever its very generous considering they waive the first year's Annual Fee. There are no "Targeted Offers" for this card.
Message 4 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Good point, Matt. Then you can in turn make that person an AU on yours and get another 5,000 UR points when they make their first purchase in 90 days. And Chase let's CSP members move UR points within a household.

So if no existing CSP, OP could apply, add son as AU, refer son, son could apply, add OP as an AU and grand total of at least 128,000 UR points with the spend!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's an in branch targeted offer for 70k points
Message 6 of 12
queen_britt2003
Contributor

Thanks Kuma for that info! Thanks to all who responded.
Starting Scores (2012) - 545-600
Current Scores - FAKO CK (08.15.17) - TU 774, EQ 767
What's in My Wallet: CSP 10.9K CL, Walmart MasterCard 10,000, Discover IT Card CL 9000, BOA Cash Rewards 7500 CL, Tires Plus Card 2200, Discover Card (AU) CL 4000
(Gardening as of 8/15/17)

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Really?  I have not heard of that.  Do you just go in branch and ask them to check for you and they'll say whether it's the standard 50k or 70k based on what they see?

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Really?  I have not heard of that.  Do you just go in branch and ask them to check for you and they'll say whether it's the standard 50k or 70k based on what they see?

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-sapphire-preferred-75000-bonus-branch-ymmv/

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Good point, Matt. Then you can in turn make that person an AU on yours and get another 5,000 UR points when they make their first purchase in 90 days. And Chase let's CSP members move UR points within a household.

The AU doesn't have to make the purchase. When the second card is sent, the information is identical to the owners, even the security code on the back. All you have to do to get the AU bonus is request a card for someone and then use your own card. It's dumb not to do it.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.