Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP app, now CSR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP app, now CSR?

I just app'ed for the CSP and was instantly approved, and just noticed all the fuss about the CSR. I am thinking of applying since it's clearly better than the CSP for my business travels, but what should I do with the CSP? Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP app, now CSR?

You could call and check on a PC? or you can app for the CSR and move the limit over from the CSP to the CSR if you're approved Smiley Happy!
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just app'ed for the CSP and was instantly approved, and just noticed all the fuss about the CSR. I am thinking of applying since it's clearly better than the CSP for my business travels, but what should I do with the CSP? Any suggestions?

In a month or you can product change to a Freedom or Freedom Unlimited.  Or wait a couple months and close the CSP and transfer the limit to the CSR if you are approved.  No need to have both cards.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
You could call and check on a PC? or you can app for the CSR and move the limit over from the CSP to the CSR if you're approved Smiley Happy!

The PC idea isnt a great one because he would lose the 100K bonus points.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welp just approved for CSR with $38,000 limit. I think the transfer would be a good idea!
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so if I were to spend to get the points for the CSP, I should close it and transfer the limit to CSR?
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CARD Act would prohibit Chase from product changing you into the Chase Sapphire Reserve until a full twelve months have passed due to the increased Annual Membership Fee.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

But after 12 months you could PC it to the Freedom or Freedom U, and get the annual fee refunded inside the first 30 days of it being posted I believe.

* This is what I plan to do

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Welp just approved for CSR with $38,000 limit. I think the transfer would be a good idea!

Wow... congrats!!

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the Slate in April 2016 and PC'd it to the FU in June 2016.

But to the OP point you would lose out on the bonus if you PC'd to the CSR. 

*edited* Congrats on the new card...

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.