Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR 5/24 Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSR 5/24 Recon

@Anonymous wrote:

It looks like from that thread, Chase pulled EX which lists the date so Chase is still considering my card from February 27, 2015 as still 2 years. I guess I'll wait until the end of the month to Recon when that should no longer be the case. 

I think no matter whether they pulled EX or EQ account from Feb 27, 2015 should not fall under 5/24 rule.. for my case what I am guessing is they consider my AMEX date as Mar 1, 2015 (instead of actual date Mar 24, 2015) and excluded my Macys card (opened 06/12/2015) from 5/24 rule..

Another thing, did you ask your banker for any preapprovals before submitting the application for CSR? I know CSR no longer comes in pre approvals, but if you were pre approved for other cards, then it increases the chances of getting CSR approved as well.. this is what I observe and what bankers in two different nearby branches told me.. I was pre approved for all the cards (except CSR) when I asked the banker.. my guess is although CSR does not come in pre approvals but if you profile supports then you may be able to bypass 5/24 in branch, but that's just a guess

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not check pre-approvals. I'm sensing I probably didn't do this in a way to have the best odds for approval. 

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did not check pre-approvals. I'm sensing I probably didn't do this in a way to have the best odds for approval. 

Don't give up Smiley Happy

Sit with the banker and if required with Manager and explain your situation.. Tell them that you are aware, "too many accounts" are 5/24 and in your case its under 5 in last 24 months.. and request them to explain same thing to underwriter.. if the only reason they deny you was "too many accounts" and you know there are no other accounts you mentioned in the initial post then I think this can be reconsidered..

All the best

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.