Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Called for Discover CLI...response was "additional info needed"

tag
improvent363
New Contributor

Called for Discover CLI...response was "additional info needed"

I have Discover more for 6 months (and a few days) with CL $2000. So, I tried for CLI of $1500 but got reply "additional info needed" so I hang up.

So, my question is this:

1. Did I get the reply ""additional info needed" because my balance is too high (about %52). 

2. If so, If i balance transfer about %40-45 to another card will they approve it then? Or they will not because I will have too much to spend on the discover card, so why would they need to increase the limit then?

Therefore, in order to get the CLI, what should I do: Wait and try again after a few days or speak to Discover CR and most likely get a hard pull or BT?

TU: 699  Eqifax: 697 Ex: 705 CH: 4 years; No negatives

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Re: Called for Discover CLI...response was "additional info needed"

Unless there is a pre approved amount waiting for you, It is their policy to do a HARD for increases done VIA the phone. Automatic increases are not set in stone. The additional info was to inform you that a HARD needs to be done. But the 52% isn't a good thing either.
Message 2 of 7
improvent363
New Contributor

Then what do you suggest I do in order to get CLI within a few days because I want it within a few days?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I love my discover card if they want to do a hard pull then so be it. I don't really cry over inquiries. Average of 4 across all three and never have been denied, even when my average was alitle higher, because of too many inquiries.

Message 4 of 7
plasticguy
Established Contributor

I say go ahead if you don't have too many inquires. Regardless it will drop your score but it will also increase your overall utilization. I was considering doing the same thing since I got the same "need more info "
Message 5 of 7
improvent363
New Contributor

I called again and spoke to Credit representative and they said its a Hard Pull, since apparently, 6 months and on-time min. payment is not enough to gurantee a CLI. But I declined.

Maybe I will call again after a week or two but before I do that can someone tell me where they pull the Hard Pull from: Exp, Equifax, or TU?

Message 6 of 7
ALP
New Contributor

TBH there's no guarantee which bureau they will pull for the request, or even that they will only pull one bureau.   They do tend to favor TU and EQ over EX but I have heard of them pulling EX from time to time.

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.