Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can USAA do this?

tag
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Can USAA do this?

So some of you may remember USAA closed my card "by accident". When I called to complain they basically told me that they would restore my account but I would be given a new card. Even though the situation sucked the card was my only Chip and Pin. Got an alert today, they actually opened a new account on my CR so I have the old account closed plus this new one with 4 months of history which lowers my AAoA. Can I call USAA and tell them to remove the new TL from CR? I would have just left the card closed if I knew they'd do this. I record all of my calls with USAA because they've screwed me too many times. Can I send in the tape to the CA so they can remove the TL?

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Can USAA do this?

It's best you try to resolve with them directly.

Tape recordings may not be admissible if the reps you were speaking with had no prior knowledge of the recording or did not agree to it.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 6
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

It depends on what state you live in. Some states require both parties to agree to record calls. 

Message 3 of 6
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

How old was the previous account? You said they added the new one with four months of history. That's not exactly a brand "new" account. Perhaps you can convince them to add all of the old history to the new account? 

Message 4 of 6
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

I find it hilarious that after the CSR tells me that they may record my conversation to offer better service I respond that I also may record the conversation in case any thing unhappy happens.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 5 of 6
gstq34
Contributor

USAA uses vendors to answer the phones - 0 impowerment. Call and ask to be transferred to executive resolutions.  Don't waste your time on the vendors.  For this reason I have canceled 3 insurance poliies, PIF 2 auto loans, closed 1 CC, and left one CC open (just barely!)  Things have gone downhill there IMO

Starting Score: 573
Current Score: 764 EX (FAKO)
Goal Score: 760 all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.