cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't schedule payment past due date? What the heck man?

tag
creditgambler2018
Regular Contributor

Can't schedule payment past due date? What the heck man?

Discover is no goood at alll !!

You cannot schedule a payment past due date. What is up with that?

Im dumping them soon !! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't schedule payment past due date? What the heck man?

@elcocaino2010 wrote:

Im dumping them soon !! 

I have several credit cards that do this... no big deal to me.  After the statement posts, you have another 25 days to schedule a payment.

Out of curiosity, why do you need to schedule a payment past the due date so bad?

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 2 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Just use your banks bill pay to push payments on a scheduled time table.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover cuts a new statement always right after the payment due date. Theyre not like synchrony comenity or Chase. it's kind of pointless. I know what you're getting at. ITS WONDERFUL TRICK I EMPLOY TOO. Unfortunately discover shuts the door hardcore on that one. You can try to push your payment but it might just make a payment on your next statement.
Message 4 of 10
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Discover cuts a new statement always right after the payment due date. Theyre not like synchrony comenity or Chase. it's kind of pointless. I know what you're getting at. ITS WONDERFUL TRICK I EMPLOY TOO. Unfortunately discover shuts the door hardcore on that one. You can try to push your payment but it might just make a payment on your next statement.

Sorry I'm a bit slow on the uptake this morning.  Smiley Happy   What's the advantage to making a payment between the payment due date and the statement cut date?

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 5 of 10
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Don't have "Discover", however have found that using my Credit Unions - "Bill Pay" to push money

is the best method for both future payments, and/or micro managing your utility.

I have it set up and tested for each bank, and CU. It gives more control of when, and how much is sent.

I also use the banks "pull from linked account" feature at each institution to ensure that method is working.

Some banks (Citi) require regular use or the pull-payment link, just like using the sock-drawer cards.

This way I always have 2 choices of how and when I can send the money. More control and a back up plan.

Message 6 of 10
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@elcocaino2010 wrote:

Im dumping them soon !! 

Didn't we go over this already?  ST FU and do it already!!!!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-It/td-p/4874140

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

With Multiple payments a month you can make the minimum payment way early and then swoop in and pay it off after the actual due date because you've already satisfied the minimum payment weeks ago. I get paid bi-weekly so sometimes my paycheck clears on the due date or a day after so I can shove extra money to those creditors the same statement.
Message 8 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Dalmus wrote:
Sorry I'm a bit slow on the uptake this morning.  Smiley Happy   What's the advantage to making a payment between the payment due date and the statement cut date?

If your objective is to pay down or pay off current charges, you have a few days past the due date to do it. The advantage is that you can use the card near the end of the statement period and still pay it down to zero (or close to zero).

Message 9 of 10
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
With Multiple payments a month you can make the minimum payment way early and then swoop in and pay it off after the actual due date because you've already satisfied the minimum payment weeks ago. I get paid bi-weekly so sometimes my paycheck clears on the due date or a day after so I can shove extra money to those creditors the same statement.

I do this method of payment on a couple of cards. If something is due before I get paid, doing the min keeps me compliant until I can pay it off later that month. Dont see the purpose in scheduling after the due date.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.