Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel 2nd highest limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancel 2nd highest limit?

Would like to cancel my 15k Arrival plus card. It is my second highest limit. Six months ago, I was approved for the First National Bank 2% card and I enjoy being able to redeem for anything without an annual fee.

I tried to downgrade three times to a no AF card but each time was told no.

My current reported Credit Card balances total 741 on 67,000 in credit lines (not counting the Arrival Plus).
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Cancel 2nd highest limit?

@Anonymous wrote:
Would like to cancel my 15k Arrival plus card. It is my second highest limit. Six months ago, I was approved for the First National Bank 2% card and I enjoy being able to redeem for anything without an annual fee.

I tried to downgrade three times to a no AF card but each time was told no.

My current reported Credit Card balances total 741 on 67,000 in credit lines (not counting the Arrival Plus).

Assuming you're not carrying like $10k in balances (and really need all the help you can get with utilization), I'd go ahead and close it.

Some people do downgrade successfully, but others don't get the offer. When you call to close, it might be worth asking one last time.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roe9595 had the same quandary with my old Barclay Sallie Mae forced conversion to to the Barclay Commence WMC where there was no further use and Barclay would not p/c so I closed it out and dropped the equivalent of $14K which was a World Card so lost the flexible limit.
Message 3 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If its credit you arent using and dont need, i say KICK THE BABYSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.