Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 getting better and better!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 getting better and better!

Cap 1 wants you to use their card for everyday purchases, much as you would a debit card. Of course it is hard to do when the limit's are low. When you call they will ask you what card you are currently using for these things. Make them compete.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the increase SBK!!!!!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 17
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Well blow me down!!  It worked.  $500!  Thanks myFiCO peeps!
CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 13 of 17
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

See you never know until you try....Congrats!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 14 of 17
kball64
Frequent Contributor

I called the backdoor # just now and raised my $300 CL to $600.  I just made my 3rd payment.  Hopefully when credit steps kicks in I'll get another increase.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you looked at the Credit Cards board 8 months ago, you would have noticed a seemingly endless number of "I Hate Capital One" threads.  Anymore, you don't see members complaining quite as much. 

Maybe you're right, "Cap1 getting better and better."
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is very correct- When they started reporting CL's in September
They are "trying" to be competitive while still supporting their re-builders.  

HSBC should take notes from their efforts to try and improve customer service and the needs of their clients. 

Their are lots of CC companies that ONLY take advantage of you- CapOne is smart enough to try and keep customers.

My only beef is the ability to change "tiers" - this needs to be addressed at some point.

Disclaimer: I own Capital One stock-

psychic wrote:
If you looked at the Credit Cards board 8 months ago, you would have noticed a seemingly endless number of "I Hate Capital One" threads.  Anymore, you don't see members complaining quite as much. 

Maybe you're right, "Cap1 getting better and better."

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.