Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One PC Success

tag
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap One PC Success

@MyForumName wrote:
No. When the Account Rep upgraded my card she said that I was going to get a Quicksilver with no annual fee. She then said it was a World MasterCard, which is replacing my current Platinum MasterCard. I was just saying that I thought that the no annual fee was only available as a Visa and the $39 fee was a MasterCard. But she specifically said there is no annual fee for this card and that I would receive a World MasterCard so I don't know.

FWIW, my account still says Platinum Mastercard but I''ve received and activated my Quicksilver with no AF for almost a month now. The reps through online chat are useless and couldnt tell me why it still says it. They told me that even though it is a Quicksilver, it will be reflected as Platinum Mastercard as that is the payment gateway. Forgive me if this sounds noob, but I have no idea what that means. I already kknow Visa and Mastercard are payment gateways..so I dont know. Can somebody elaborate?

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 11 of 12
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap One PC Success

@MyForumName wrote:
Thanks. One question though. She did say that I would keep my same card number, just be upgraded to the new card and I specifically asked her if she was doing a HP to which she said that they were not, but she also said that after the upgrade I wouldn't be eligible for any Capital One promotions on new cards for 6 months. Could that be an indication that I am getting the 0% until Sept 2014 and $100 after spending $500? I highly doubt that, but why wouldn't I be eligible for new card promotion since this was just a PC?

I wouldnt count pn the intro APR being 0%. My rep said my rate would stay the same...but YMMV.

What she was saying was basically you couldnt PC or CLI request for 6 months minimum, I guessing.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.