Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One QS1 PC questions V1 CLI Update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One QS1 PC questions V1 CLI Update

Called today to get options, spoke with 2 young ladies that I could barely understand, nonetheless some questions remain.

I too was offered a QS1 to V1 upgrade, but only on 1 of the 2 QSI's that I have(the oldest).  Oddly, the one I paid off is not eligible.  The card with 86% util was eligible for the Venture1.

I did not ask for a CLI on either, not offered either, paid off card upgrade offer was a temporary APR % reduction for 7 months, but nothing else.  Only good thing is that the CL is also 90% Cash -  Same for both cards

DATA:

QS1 - 3000 CL  82% util  - 4 years old  upgrade offered to V1      - SL 1000 , 1year later  - 2000, 2nd year - 3000 limit

QS1 - 2500 CL    0% util  - 3 Years old   "no upgrades available"    - SL   500 , 4 mo later   - 2500 limit

I must admit, I used these 2 cards for business and carried 90% on both for @2.5 years until I no longer needed to (recently)

Ya think the second card is bucketed?  SL was 500 --> 2500 4 months later, after 2 years later its still the same.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap One QS1 PC questions

Grab the VentureOne upgrade. If this isn't exactly the card you want, at least you've dumped the fee. With the fee gone, upgrade offers should be eaiser to come by in the future. Start checking again in six months.

Based on a few reports around here, I think consecutive months of usage might be the ticket to getting a QS1 upgrade offer. I was able to upgrade two QS1s after 12 or 13 consecutive months of usage. It's possible that you met a "consecutive months" requirement on the card with the balance but may have broken your streak on the card that was paid off.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think with Cap1 bucket system, product changes are much less beneficial that just app’ing for a new card.

apping for a new Venture 1 will give you a 60k miles sub and 0% interest for a year. You can then transfer that balance and close down QS1. If you want straight cash the SQ and Savor1 have cash SUB and also 0% into offers.

I think people overvalue keeping old cards open. The card will continue on your credit report for 10 years and have the the same effect on your average age of accounts during that time.

Message 3 of 14
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

You can't transfer balances between cards that come from the same bank.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

You can't transfer balances between cards that come from the same bank.

Whoops. Brain fart....Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should go for the V1 upgrade. I don’t think the current public SUB is anything to write home about so I think it’s a good way to ditch the AF.

And then maybe hold on to the other QS1 until we start seeing more PC offers for a SavorOne in the wild.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Decided to grab the V1 upgrade, used the link found in the forums to make it happen.  The good advice finally sunk in!

Requested a CLI on the other QSI - "48 Hours we will send you a document"  So I guess that was a bust.  6 months I will hope for QS PC and move on up like George and Wheezy, away from C1 1st tier

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the PC! Captial One sure makes PCs easy with that hidden link.

Rest easy knowing you dropped a QS1 AF and kept your account open. Two QS1s were doing you no favors.
Message 8 of 14
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

lol @Sage512MB
"Captial One sure makes PCs easy with that hidden link."

Capital One is like that bad game that came free with the console.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I’ve never been able to get that link to work. I keep it around just in case.....

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.