Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Quicksilver invite

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Quicksilver invite

Been with Cap One for nearly a year now, clean payment history. They are offering quicksilver with no AF. Do I take the offer or hold out for something better? I asked if my current platinum would graduate and they said this would be a whole new card

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One Quicksilver invite

Hello, I would take the Quicksilver over the platinum. A better card in my opinion. Good luck.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 18
Aim_High
Super Contributor

I think the Quicksilver is a great solid cash back card, @Anonymous.  When it came out in 2013, the 1.5%  rewards on it were actually high for that period even though 2% cards have become more common since then.  Since you've previously indicated that you're in a rebuild mode and therefore your overall choices might be limited, I think a no-AF Quicksilver would be a great addition to your wallet. 

See this recent My Fico posting  I made that discusses some finer points with Capital One.  Even though I didn't use them for build/rebuild, I think they are still a great bank.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 3 of 18
Trini88
Established Contributor

I wouldn't take it. Your Platinum will graduate to Quicksilver. After my Platinum upgraded to Quicksilver they offered me the SavorOne.

They had offered me the Quicksilver while my Platinum was still Platinum and I'm happy I didn't take the offer.

Goal Cards:
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what we were hoping, but do they still do this? I don't want to blow the inquiry unless I have to

Message 5 of 18
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Why don't you check to see if there's an upgrade available? 

Log into your account and choose the platinum. In the address bar, add /productupgrade after the =

Hit enter and see what it says.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You rock!!!! Yes, it gives me AND MY WIFE Quicksilver upgrade!!! This is amazing, we have been waiting for this since rebuild

Message 7 of 18
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

My work here is done

Message 8 of 18
Trini88
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You rock!!!! Yes, it gives me AND MY WIFE Quicksilver upgrade!!! This is amazing, we have been waiting for this since rebuild

Yup I did the same thing with the link and got my upgrade that way. Capital One didn't want to upgrade my card for me so I did it myself.

See, no triple pull and you got the card. Congrats!

Goal Cards:
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a preapproval for the SavorOne card in the email this morning

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.