Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 PreQual....Secured?!

tag
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Cap1 PreQual....Secured?!

So i was bored and just felt like looking at prequals...I put my info into cap1 and it says I'm prequalified for their SECURED mastercard only! Im not claiming to have amazing credit but...secured? I have about 42k of credit across 9 UNSECURED cards (None of which are Cap1). BOA, Amex, Discover, Elan etc...Am i i missing something here? I will admit, my profile may look like credit seekiing bc I'm 4/12 (newest being almost 6 months old) and i got a car loan in feb so theres some inquiries but I still cant imagine that with scores above 700 and a thick file why they would only offer secured? 

It doesnt matter bc i wasnt going to apply for whatever they offered either way, like i said i was just bored and messing around. But i thought i would share this bc i was shocked lol....Anyone else have this happen or does Capital One just hate me? Smiley Very Happy

1 REPLY 1
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 PreQual....Secured?!

It seems like they have been way more sensitive to credit seeking, beginning around a few months into the pandemic.

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.