Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Product Change Question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 Product Change Question...

I would get get another card to replace the $850 and close it... but before you do that... I would check to see why your scores are so apart from each other? I have that with transunion but only about 5 to 10pts and know the reason...

Message 11 of 13
Petit3tee
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would get get another card to replace the $850 and close it... but before you do that... I would check to see why your scores are so apart from each other? I have that with transunion but only about 5 to 10pts and know the reason...

Updated scores are in the sig now! (A little dip from previous month) There's a falsely collection reported on all 3 bu a few months back, one of the buereaus took too long to remove it and that's how my scores were so apart.  

Current status: Gardening as of 5/2019 Projected: TBD

Message 12 of 13
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Closing your card should have little to no effect now. It's likely to stay on your report for 10 years or so. At that point, you'd see a drop in AAoA (average age of accounts) that probably won't matter by much. Of course, your AoOA (age of oldest account) will be unaffected.

We occasionally see old Capital One Platinum cards will fees. For some, it's unusual to see an upgrade offer at all. In this case, I think taking the QS1 upgrade was the right thing to do. In most cases, that would be an awful thing to do. Smiley Happy

You could try to coax an upgrade offer on your QS1, realizing that they're hard to get and that you shouldn't be frustrated if you try. Data points here indicate that consecutive months of usage may be a key. I was able to upgrade two QS1 cards after 12 or 13 consecutive months of usage.

Use the card each and every month. It can be for something small, and your balance can be paid off right away if you'd like. Because of Capital One's rules, you won't see any upgrade offers for six months. But after that, call in and check for offers every month. If an offer appears, don't be picky. As long as there's no annual fee, take it.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.