Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Quicksilver WEMC/Visa Sig CLI Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 Quicksilver WEMC/Visa Sig CLI Question

For those of you who have a Quicksilver WEMC or Visa Signature that started with a $10000 or more limit, can you share your CLI experience? Maybe even those of you with Venture/Venture1 as well. I get to hit the button on the 22nd, and was just wondering what the norm is for CLI with their top tier cards. I did try a search, but mostly saw CLI posts for lower limit cards that could have been PC'd from something else. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 Quicksilver WEMC/Visa Sig CLI Question

I got my QS VS in June 2016 with CL$30k.

After the 3rd statement, I was given a CLI of $750. (Yes, that's supposed to be only one zero.)

Hope that helps. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, iheartwings! 😀 I will keep my expectations in check, then! 

Message 3 of 9
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Look at it this way, if you dont use your card frequently and use a sizeable chunk of your limit, maybe even close to the limit, they see no reason to give you more credit. My card is at 14.3K and I barely use 2K on the card. I have requested 2 CLIs and each time have been told my use of the card and its limit is too low.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jawbrkr wrote:

Look at it this way, if you dont use your card frequently and use a sizeable chunk of your limit, maybe even close to the limit, they see no reason to give you more credit. My card is at 14.3K and I barely use 2K on the card. I have requested 2 CLIs and each time have been told my use of the card and its limit is too low.

While I appreciate your opinion, that isn't always true. I would argue that many CC's, including Cap1, extend more credit even though one is not using "close to all" of their limit. In fact, utilization that high may actually cause them to not raise the CL.

Message 5 of 9
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Its not one or the other. It's a combimantion of the two. Using your card often and making use of your credit line. If you swipe your card 30 times a month but only charge $10 each time, that amounts to only $300. That isnt making use of your 10K CL. Also, utilization that high, say spending 7K out of a 10K CL, is not an issue if you are paying it down before the statement cuts by making multiple payments. 

Message 6 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I have a new-ish Venture and an old-ish QS MasterCard that are both denied for CLIs due to "The credit reporting agency has reported too many recent credit inquiries" and "Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low".  While the Venture was approved at $10k the older QS doesn't fall within the parameters of your inquiry (it was originally HSBC), so these data points will be of limited usefulness.

However, I also have a QS Visa Signature that has always been a QS Visa Signature, although it didn't get to $10k until last year.  It is used heavily, and was even nearly maxed-out a couple of months ago (then PIF).  It will be eligible for a CLI in three weeks, so I'll have a data point for you then. 

I'm hoping the QS Visa Sig does get a 'bump', but as flaky as Capital One has been recently (relative to the last couple of years) my expectations are low.

Message 7 of 9
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

True, CapOne has tightened up quite a bit. They dont give big CLIs the way they used to. 

Message 8 of 9
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

I'm kinda of in the same boat. I got a WEMC QS with a SL of $10k and ran about $7k through it (PIF) in the first 2 months and asked for a CLI yesterday and got the 2-3 day message....

I'm just waiting now to see if I'll even get an increase.

Good luck.
Cheers!
AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.