Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 card upgrade gurus.... Help :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 card upgrade gurus.... Help :)

So i have a Wal-Mart store card that was originally Sync, till the change over.  I have a decent limit on the card (5k and scores current in siggy) and yet i have called to get the upgrade to the MC version with no success. 

I got a "second" QS (not sure why - tho i'll keep it since it's not bucketed like my OG QS) less than 3 months ago. I checked the upgrade link to see if i had an offer to upgrade the Wally card to MC, but only found an offer for Venture one upgrade on my new QS (i understand this is good seeing as i haven't had it 6 months yet) but i have no need for Venture. 

I know that no two profiles are alike, and i'm grateful for what i have, but honestly a little jealous of other approvals i've seen lately.  MC approvals with much lower limits and scores, but still got the MC version. 

Anyone know what i'm doing or not doing for that matter that my Wally card isn't eligible for MC yet? 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 card upgrade gurus.... Help :)

I wonder if you can even upgrade cobrands or if Capital One has to specifically invite you to. 

Go to Capital One website and log in and bring up the Walmart card then add /productupgrade to the end of the URL and see if it pops up anything. 

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only thing that comes up is the Venture One for my newer QS.   Looks like the same thing from the upgrade link i have Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 26
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I'm sure there is a plan in place for upgrading sync cards. Question really is when.

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Only thing that comes up is the Venture One for my newer QS.   Looks like the same thing from the upgrade link i have Smiley Sad

It's showing that when you're actually on the page for just your Walmart card, not the summary screen showing all your accounts?

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I'm sure there is a plan in place for upgrading sync cards. Question really is when.

Probably so, but i've spent so much time rebuilding that i forgot to learn patience Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm it does actually look like it's pulling upgrades for just my QS even when I'm on my SavorOne, never mind. 

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's showing that when you're actually on the page for just your Walmart card, not the summary screen showing all your accounts?

Yeah, when i opened the Wal-mart screen with balance and such, added the /productupgrade, it took me to the page to upgrade my QS to VOne

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like an auto upgrade deal like Target. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Walmart-Store-Card-CLI-amp-MC-Upgrade/m-p/5916638#M657899

Could be.   i'll give it some time and see what happens, if not i have other rewards card i can use anyways.   Just figured it was a different challenge without apping. 

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.