Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne/HSBC Transition

tag
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: CapOne/HSBC Transition

Acually, it was for an Orchard Bank (hsbc? no idea) that just converted 1-2 weeks ago. It was my first rebuilder card last year with an AF and $300 limit. The day I saw it lumped in together with my other cap1 cards on the website was the day I called the EO. They got back to me a few days later with approvals of the requests I made.

Message 11 of 17
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Well we shouldn't..... but the way Cap One is with CLIs and AF members are going directly to the EO. But I don't suggest it because the EO will ask you a lot of questions

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 12 of 17
Lucid08
Regular Contributor

@chnceit wrote:
Well we shouldn't..... but the way Cap One is with CLIs and AF members are going directly to the EO. But I don't suggest it because the EO will ask you a lot of questions

Wonder what kind of questions could they possibly ask in relation to a simple request of removing an AF? The CLI I'm not so much interested at this point, as I have NFCU cards with much higher limits now...several magnitudes higher, actually. Just keeping the card for age purposes for now, but it would feel much better in my wallet without the AF. Smiley Very Happy

EQUIFAX - 640 1/05/12 - Goal of 720 by Mid May!
Transunion - 637 - 01/15/10
Message 13 of 17
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

They asked me my income, how much an increase I wanted, and would I take a lower amount if not approved for the full increase wanted. The only other question was when I asked about a product change to a quicksilver card, they asked why, I said 1.5% back, they added it to my current card without a PC.

Message 14 of 17
chnceit
Valued Contributor

They asked me didn't you ask the other rep? How did you get this number? Why do you want a CLI? Will a lower amount satisfy?

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 15 of 17
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

yeah, try the CLI button first, if no go then contact the EO. I have had my AF waived, 4x CLI, and rewards added. Good luck!

You got a CLI on a transferred HSBC account?  I hit the button three times since my account has been transgerred and keep getting the same message.  During the transition this account is not eligible. 

OP, I would try and call them and see if they have any upgrade offers with normal customer service first.  This might be a waste of time as Capone is known for scripted responses which don't seem to give the customer anything!  You might then have to call the EO.  There are occasional offers on accounts.  When I don't use mine for long periods of time they give me a lower interest rate for 6 months.  They have even added Venture Rewards to my oldest account with them.  So there are occasional offers, but dont be sureprised it there are not!  Push the CSR to waive or remove the AF and upgrade the account to at least the Quicksilver account.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 16 of 17
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Yes, I got all that on my recently converted orchard bank / hsbc card. =) 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.