Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One 3 pulls?

tag
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

Capital One 3 pulls?

Great morning Fico Fam Smiley Happy

Can someone explain to me the Capital one 3 pulls thing more Clearly please? I heard someone say they love to triple dip

24 REPLIES 24
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One 3 pulls?

Any application with Capital One will result in a hard pull on Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.  They always pull all 3.

Message 2 of 25
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Any application with Capital One will result in a hard pull on Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.  They always pull all 3.

... and maybe unrelated, but they do that with auto loans too (got hit twice on all 3 bureaus for 2 car loans). I'd assume they do that with any type of lending. 

Message 3 of 25
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Yeah anytime you app for a C1 product they do at least 3 pulls! Could even be 4, 5, or 6 if you count LN, IRS/IDA, Sagestream, etc. I won’t even be surprised if they’re also pulling your FB, Twitter, etc... Smiley Happy
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 25
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:
Yeah anytime you app for a C1 product they do at least 3 pulls! Could even be 4, 5, or 6 if you count LN, IRS/IDA, Sagestream, etc. I won’t even be surprised if they’re also pulling your FB, Twitter, etc... Smiley Happy

Don't forget FBI, NSA, CIA, USMS, and INS.

Message 5 of 25
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

Its getting close for me to app again. And i really want the Savor 1 card for the 3% dining and No Annual fee
Message 6 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

While it's certainly not a good thing for consumers, I think newer people might be confused by "triple pull" term.    It's just a single pull on each of the major CRAs.        So, if you look at say your TU report, Capital One will put a single pull there, no different from say what Barclays would do.   So an individual report is no more impacted than with any other issuer that does an HP, it's just it is on all of them.   IMO, this is a little less bad than what "triple" might imply, i.e. three HPs on one report.

Message 7 of 25
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:

Regarding 3B pulls...

Recently I spoke to a CSR about a CLI for my Fidelity rewards signature card. They now do a HP with each of the three credit bureaus with no soft pull option! - unbelievable.

Previously they only did a one bureau check (TransUnion) and there was an option for a soft pull. The change in who manages this CC portfolio and resultant shift in policy does not reflect positively on Fidelity.

Just for clarification: I am not saying that Fidelity Visa was transferred from Elan to CapOne. I am saying the CSR told me servicing had changed and the new policy (per the CSR) was a 3B hard inquiry. [other intel on this would be appreciated as I found her statement shocking]

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 8 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@JR_TX wrote:

Regarding 3B pulls...

Recently I spoke to a CSR about a CLI for my Fidelity rewards signature card. They now do a HP with each of the three credit bureaus with no soft pull option! - unbelievable.

Previously they only did a one bureau check (TransUnion) and there was an option for a soft pull. The change in who manages this CC portfolio and resultant shift in policy does not reflect positively on Fidelity.

Has it moved from Elan yet?   The application page still lists Elan.  

But I expect the impact on Fidelity to be minute anyway.   Most people don't know what a hard pull is(or that you can ask for CLIs for that matter)!

Message 9 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Regardless, 3 pulls for every card imo is excessive. I can live the 2 pulls even though i dont like it but having to pull all 3 too much for me. Everyone is different in how they view that so ill just be glad im not eligble for any Capitol One cardsSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.