cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Allowing CL Reallocations Again?

tag
md_rebuild
Regular Contributor

Re: Looks like Cap 1 credit limit combination is back!

Online only.   

I had 3 Cap 1 cards, with about $11.5K spread over 3 cards (Savor, Venture, and QS).   I moved all of my CL to the Savor and cancelled the QS before the AF hit.   Will do the same to the Venture in a few months.

I really with NFCU would do this...

BK7: Discharged Sept 2019
7/7/24:

Message 91 of 98
Rogue46
Established Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

Sorry if this is in the previous 9 pages of the thread but is this app only or online too?  I don't see it under Offer and Upgrades on my desktop.  My Savor is $20,000 (didn't realize it was so high) but my WalMart is a wimpy $3,000.  $3,000 is enough for me but I use the WM card a lot yet hardly use the Savor so I wouldn't mind balancing them out.  

Capture.JPG

My screen has the option on the main "What do you want to do" screen

Screenshot_20240315_172847_Chrome.jpg

Message 92 of 98
CreditPoor
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Allowing CL Reallocations Again?

I have an old bucketed QS that has been at $400 forever back when I started by build. I have since had a couple CP1 cards added with healthy limits. Decided to take it upon myself and unbucket that card by transferring $500 over to it.. Yay, I finally got a limit increase! 😂😂😂

Message 93 of 98
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Thank you to everyone that recycled this post. Apparently, I have transferred $5400 from one card to the older card. The message said immediately though I haven't seen the transfer yet.

Message 94 of 98
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Rogue46 wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

Sorry if this is in the previous 9 pages of the thread but is this app only or online too?  I don't see it under Offer and Upgrades on my desktop.  My Savor is $20,000 (didn't realize it was so high) but my WalMart is a wimpy $3,000.  $3,000 is enough for me but I use the WM card a lot yet hardly use the Savor so I wouldn't mind balancing them out.  

I also have a Cap 1 Walmart card and don't have an option of transferring between that and another card. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 676 / TU - 679 / EX - 687

Apple Card - $5500 / Capital One Savor One- $5500 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $5000 /SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Ally Master Card - $4300 / Walmart Mastercard - $2500

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 95 of 98
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

@Rogue46 wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

I also have a Cap 1 Walmart card and don't have an option of transferring between that and another card. 

The option is for core cards.

Message 96 of 98
JSUB
Valued Member

I finally got the option to transfer limits for the first time this morning. My 12 year old QS1 limit was just increased by my online request to $10,150 from $9,250 in May. I also opened a Savor One in May CL $10,000. Ideally I'd want to have one card with a higher limit. I decided not to transfer either credit limit right now. I'm hoping for an automatic CLI on the Savor One in the near future and if not I'll soon request a CLI on both cards before I make a decision.

Message 97 of 98
JSUB
Valued Member

I waited until my usual PIF payment posted and the July statement cut showing a zero balance. The QS1 denied my request today for a CLI to $15,000 from $10,150 for "There has recently been a change to the credit line on this account" and "Income is insufficient". Not surprised after the last CLI was just granted in May. However I STILL couldn't stop myself from requesting a CLI increase on the Savor One that was just opened in May. Even though I just PIF yesterday and the 3rd statement won't cut until the 16th. Requested a $5,000 increase to $15,000. Same income amount. The only difference is the Savor One asked how much I planned to put on the card monthly? To  my surprise it was approved. Guess I'll be making my next CLI attempts in November.

Message 98 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.