cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Automatically Lowered my APR!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Automatically Lowered my APR!!

@DI wrote:
Congratulations.  Capital One is becoming the newest Credit Union in a sense.  They're very competitive. 

Not sure I would agree with that statement unless you are referring to possible lower APR rates. My CL has not moved from $500 since 2005. In a competitive environment, companies would entice good paying customers rewarding with perks and/or limit increases. Not "you need to apply for another card if you want to see about possibly being approved for another card with a higher limit."

Message 11 of 25
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!! 

I wish they were as generous with CLI's!  I've only been given one increase since opening my account in 2007, they keep saying no to me and i've never gone over the limit and pay as soon as or before the statement drop.  When my score reach the 700 club by the end of the year, I might see about asking for an upgraded card. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 12 of 25
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

Congrats with the lower APR. ** jealous ** :-)
TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 13 of 25
DI
Super Contributor

When one pays in full monthly the APR is always 0%.Smiley Wink   The APR in my book has been at 0% ever since 2004. 
Message 14 of 25
score_building
Senior Contributor

DI wrote:
When one pays in full monthly the APR is always 0%.:smileywink:   The APR in my book has been at 0% ever since 2004. 

Hmmm, has siting this fact at every turn become a bit trite with overuse?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

@DI wrote:
When one pays in full monthly the APR is always 0%.:smileywink:   The APR in my book has been at 0% ever since 2004. 

+1
Message 16 of 25
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@score_building wrote:

@DI wrote:

+1

LOL Sometimes things are just worth repeating. 

Message Edited by DI on 01-20-2010 12:17 PM
Message 17 of 25
DI
Super Contributor

I enjoy receving Capital One's purchase checks in the mail.  I use them as a tool and still not pay any interest. 
Message 18 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Folks, folks, folks.

Those who are not caught up in the Cap One vs Crap One war are sick and tired of reading this stuff.

You guys are NOT going to convince one another of the superiority of your arguments, so it's time to hush. Seriously. Use or don't use a Cap One card, and spare the rest of us the endless (and utterly pointless) wrangling. We don't care any more!

Like any other CC, there is NO interest on a card if you pay your balance off every month. IMO, the arguing points for and against any given CC come down to rewards, fees, inqs or lack thereof, and customer service.

As always, YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY!!! What works for one doesn't work for another. That doesn't make a card good or bad; it just means that it works for some and not others.

For Pete's sake, give it a rest!!!

* goes to see if we have any Tums *
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 25
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

+1000

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.