Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Balance Transfer Question??? Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Balance Transfer Question??? Help

I just found the answer- Yes I can do the Balance Transfer-

Hello all, I tried searching the forums but maybe I'm searching wrong. I have a question about a Capital One Balance Transfer. I currently have a joint account for a water service with my husband. My husband's name is the only name generated on the bill but the account is a joint account. I wanted to know can I still do a balance transfer on this account to the Capital One card? I called Capital one about the no hassle checks and they told me I don't have that option, I can only do the balance transfer online or through chat. I wanted to do it now because it's going to take some time and I want to make sure it's done before my bill is due. This account accrues interest daily too so can someone assist me with my question please??? 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Balance Transfer Question??? Help

How much money is owed? Do they accept credit cards? Although I don't think you can do a balance transfer from your water company onto you Cap1 directly. But you could pay for it on another credit card and balance transfer it from that card to your Cap1 card.

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How much money is owed? Do they accept credit cards? Although I don't think you can do a balance transfer from your water company onto you Cap1 directly. But you could pay for it on another credit card and balance transfer it from that card to your Cap1 card.

The water company foundation finance does not allow credit card payments only checks or money orders. I owe $2700 original balance was $6800. I figured if I transfer the balance it would be an electronic payment so I could do that correct?

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's reported as a revolving account. We financed a purifying water system for our entire house.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try requesting a no hassle check at the balance transfer rate. It will take up to 10 days to receive itonce requested. Unfortunately, Capital One does not do balance transfers in the form of direct deposit into a checking account.

Your only balance transfer options would be to request a no hassle check, or to BT directly from another credit card. Hope it all works out. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The water company foundation finance does not allow credit card payments only checks or money orders. I owe $2700 original balance was $6800. I figured if I transfer the balance it would be an electronic payment so I could do that correct?

Not understanding what you mean by an electronic payment? You said they do not accept CC payments.

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Try requesting a no hassle check at the balance transfer rate. It will take up to 10 days to receive itonce requested. Unfortunately, Capital One does not do balance transfers in the form of direct deposit into a checking account.

Your only balance transfer options would be to request a no hassle check, or to BT directly from another credit card. Hope it all works out. Smiley Happy

The OP said they were not eligible for a no hassle check.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not understanding what you mean by an electronic payment? You said they do not accept CC payments.

I understand what you mean. No Cap1 will not do that method.

Message 8 of 22
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all, I tried searching the forums but maybe I'm searching wrong. I have a question about a Capital One Balance Transfer. I currently have a joint account for a water service with my husband. My husband's name is the only name generated on the bill but the account is a joint account. I wanted to know can I still do a balance transfer on this account to the Capital One card? I called Capital one about the no hassle checks and they told me I don't have that option, I can only do the balance transfer online or through chat. I wanted to do it now because it's going to take some time and I want to make sure it's done before my bill is due. This account accrues interest daily too so can someone assist me with my question please??? 

Thanks in advance.

Although I've never tried it, I don't see why you can't submit the BT request like any credit card.  They'll ask for the Payee (Anytown Water Works), an account number, and an address.

You can also use a bill pay service like Plastiq, which will make the payment for you after charging your credit card.  You'll pay a 3% (ish) processing fee, though.  They'll probably send a check and it'll take 7-10 days to get credited to your account.

Alternately, if its an emergency and you NEED the bill paid quickly, there's also the Paypal method that can get money from your credit card to your bank account.

Edit:

Maybe I misunderstood... Is the entity you owe money to NOT the municipal water company?  If its not and is a private business, I'd probably just go with Plastiq or Paypal.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe I'm incorrect but an electronic payment is not considered a credit card payment right? I thought an EFT is what capital one does (electronic funds transfer) which would be consider almost the same as if I paid my bill using an account number and routing number. 

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.