Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Card-user can't request increase

tag
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Card-user can't request increase

I have 2, now 3 low limit Capital One Cards. The oldest one I got in October 2009. It has a $500 limit. I have used it and usually keep it PIF. #2 Card is $750 and used soley by an authorized user.  I haver never used this card.. The 3rd was an HSBC Discover that Capital one purchased last October. It also Has a $500 limit. I received letters from HSBC & Capital One both at time of purchase not to use this card until I received a new one from Capital One.  When I get reasons for my credit score one is that my limits are low. These are my lowest VISA/MC/DISC type cards.  I called Capital One to request an increase on my original card since I had not received any offers since getting the card. I did not meet instant approval so the agent submitted the request. She said I would hear in 24 hours.  I got a letter saying we cannot approve your requst for a credit increase. This account dos not allow user requests for credit increases.  I had never heard of this. I've almost got the lates and delinquencies gone, now I'm working on the other factors the CRAs complain about.  What can I do about these cards?  I still ned the ovr-all limit.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Card-user can't request increase

If you haven't yet contact capital ones executive office. Google the email address of the CEO and send him a letter. Many people including myself have been successful getting CLIs, PCs, AF waivers etc. good luck!
Message 2 of 8
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

yeah just do as they said and google Capital One CEO email address and email them your request.  They will call you in a couple of days.  I have had their card for 2 years and started with a $300 limit for which I only used to buy gas and paid off every month.  I have sent in several emails and each time left with a CLI.  I just had another one and am now at $2,000.00.  Good luck!

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 3 of 8
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

I have Cap1s credit builder card and was denied an increase when I requested but a month afterwards they gave me a $1500 increase. 

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moving to credit cards
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

I agree EO is the route to go

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 8
thecentury303
New Contributor

AFAIK, the best way to request Capital One CLI is through EO. But as more and more people will go this way, it will be dead sooner than later so you better act fast.

Capital One Cash Rewards for New Comer: $1,500 (09/12), Local Credit Union: $1,500 (10/12), Chase Freedom: $1,500 (04/13), Discover IT: $2,100 (04/13), AMEX Gold Charge Card: NPSL (06/13), AMEX BCE: $6,000 (06/13), Chase United Explorer: $6,000 (10/13), Chase Ink Cash: $3,000 (10/13), Barclays Arrival Platinum: $3,000 (10/13), US Bank Flexperk Travel Rewards: $5,000 (01/14), Capital One Venture: $5,000 (01/14), Citi AA World MC: $6,500 (01/14),Citi AA Executive World Elite MC: $5,000 (01/14)
Message 7 of 8
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:
If you haven't yet contact capital ones executive office. Google the email address of the CEO and send him a letter. Many people including myself have been successful getting CLIs, PCs, AF waivers etc. good luck!

and this is why this site is so awesome, most probably dont even know this

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.