Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Credit Card

I got a letter from them just after the first bill (original limit was $500) was sent. It said I was preappoved for $750 and after the third billing cycle I could expect to get the $250 increase as long as I used it at least once in the three months and didn't go overlimit or have any lates. Don't know if the $750 is going to be the upperlimit on the card but I hope not.

Keez

Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats,  Capital one Credit card has a freezes on raising limits these days.  They told me that would not up my limit because there is a freezes. But I was welcome to apply for another credit card with them.  So I did. Crazy right?

Message 32 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have a card with cpital one...  The have not  increase not one time.  Its still at 500.00   6% until 2011.  I think because i don't use the card.  

Message 33 of 38
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

i also have capital one credit card and i also start with 500 credit now is 1500.

>
Message 34 of 38
casmith1980
Established Contributor

I opened my card 1/25/10.  I too am on their "Credit Steps" program and was told my CL would be increased to $750 (from $500) on my 5th statement.

I called the back door number to ask what increases were expected and such and had a very helpful person tell me about the Credit Steps Program.  She stated that her system shows I have the $250 CLI on 5th statement and then another $500 CLI on my 7th statement.

I asked her if this would be the last of my increases and she said "No, after you complete these two increases you will get another letter in the mail re-enrolling you in the Credit Steps Program."  She said that's what the annual fee is for.

Not sure how much of this was actual truth...but that's what the CSR said.

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

is there an official letter stating that you are on the credit step program?

i didnt recieve one when i got my card, i did call in and ask the rep and was told that after my 5th billing cycle i would get an $250 and thats all i would get.

i am confused by this program.

Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my "credit steps" CLI yesterday.  10 days after my 4th statement...  $250 CLI from $500, $new CL is $750. 

My other Capital One card was credit steps as well, and it has stopped after 2 CLI's at $1000.

Thank heyzeus for NFCU, just got a $2500 CLI from them.  time to dump 1st Premier, Continental, and Credit 1 soon.  Nice knowing them though...

Smitty

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I was wondering what are the chances that I would get one of these credit step cards?  I was pre-approved for the No Hassle cash rewards with 0 apr until 2/11 and after 19.8 with $39 annul fee, and for the Cap One Classic Plat with 0 apr until feb 01 and 19.8 after $39 annual fee.

My TU score is 636 with two baddies one CA paid which will fall off 2/12 and an unpaid collection due to fall off 7/10; Eq and EX both reporting two paid collections, both falling off 2/12 (the unpaid is not reporting on EQ).  I do not currently have any cc's only a car loan not quite a year old for $17k owing $13K at the moment, never late. 

Any suggestions?  Should I wait a few months?  What are the chances of getting this card with a decent cl? 

Thanks 

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.