Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Image Card, Downgrade?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Image Card, Downgrade?

Hey all, I've had the QS for a few months now, and decided I wanted a better looking card than the default. So I went onto CapOne's site and changed the image(I chose the dog with goggles, in case you're wondering Smiley Happy ). Anyways, I noticed that the card description in the account summary says "Platinum Mastercard". Unless I've completely lost my mind, I swear just a few days ago it said "Quicksilver Mastercard". Worried by this, I chatted with two different reps who really couldn't clear this up for me. So I am wondering: Did I somehow downgrade my card from Quicksilver to Platinum by putting an image on it? I know it sounds ridiculous, but maybe there was some fine print somewhere that I stubbornly decided not to read? Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kcdude503
Established Member

Re: Capital One Image Card, Downgrade?

You got me curious about this, so I went to my Cap1 account and realized I had never "upgraded" the name I assigned to my Quicksilver account. There's a menu item called "Account Nickname" that you can change to accurately reflect your card status.

I changed mine from "Quicksilver One MasterCard" to "Quicksilver World MasterCard" and the change took effect immediately.

2017-01-12_17-08-11.png

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You didnt downgrade the cards reward system I too have QS but the personal image card says platinum I have a feeling all personal image cards will say the same thing even if they are siggys.

Message 3 of 6
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

You can have a platinum card with QS or QS1 benefits.

This happens if you started with platium and was upgraded.

If you applied for a card and got QS, it is still QS but wont say so on image card itself.

Image cards say Platinum unless they are higher status.

My Venture image card says "World" and not Platinum.

My QuickSilver Siggy Visa says "Signature" and not Platinum.

Make sense?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 6
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

I have the image, and it is a platinum. Not sure if that helps any.

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 5 of 6
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Ditto all of the above. Smiley Wink
Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.