Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One / MasterCard Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One / MasterCard Question

@tragicrex wrote:

For those who got upgraded, what route did you take to get that upgrade? I have a $3.5k QS Mastercard. Tried via chat and the chat rep informed me that "We don't allow changes from Mastercard to World Mastercard." I haven't had much luck ever getting help from them, but just wondering if I should keep trying or try the FB route.

I did it via the chat.  I spoke with the first rep, requested the change, gave them my info to confirm the acct, then I was transferred to a higher level rep who checked out my acct., then gave me the go ahead to move from the Journey to QS.  She said I would lose my pts, and etc etc, but I had recently cashed out my points on this card and it was SD'd anyway.

Message 31 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

They sure know how to say no just fine! I actually am really shocked at how unhelpful they always are. It's crazy that you have to go to upper level reps just to get something simple accomplished. It shouldn't be that way.

Lol, Pretty much. I don't bother to call regular CS anymore. EO all the way.

Message 32 of 40
tragicrex

I tried twice via live chat. Neither was able to help me. Sent a message to Capital One FB page. Let's see what happens!

Edit: Got a reply back from FB telling me they don't change card type at Capital One. I have to change the product and it, in turn, "may" change card type.

Message 33 of 40
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@tragicrex wrote:

I tried twice via live chat. Neither was able to help me. Sent a message to Capital One FB page. Let's see what happens!

Edit: Got a reply back from FB telling me they don't change card type at Capital One. I have to change the product and it, in turn, "may" change card type.

Try emailing the EO.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 34 of 40
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Got my new cap1 mastercard today. 

IMG_20150105_171808~2.jpg

Message 35 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

Congratulations!!!!! That's awesome! I have to say though, I was kind of hoping they were going to send you a World Elite QS. Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not all World, world elite, Visa Sig benefits are the same
Bank chooses what benefit goes on each program
I would check the benefit

Message 37 of 40
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Congratulations!!!!! That's awesome! I have to say though, I was kind of hoping they were going to send you a World Elite QS. Smiley Happy

Me too. =/ 

Message 38 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Me too. =/ 

CapitalOne and Elite do not belong in the same sentence.

Message 39 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OP I think you should just apply for the no fee QS. It sounds like you have the credit score for it, and it you apply for it you can get the $100 bonus and finally ditch that AF.

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.